Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Shopping Lists (variation of a recent thread in the Africa section)

William Christy

Just got back from Albertsons & talk about shopper's Mecca, We had a group of 5 that went together, 3 of us for the first time & I think all this making lists for a first time shopper is somewhat misguided in the sence that other shoppers I spoke with & the 2 that were with us, were going back to take groceries that they had forgot on previous shopping trips because they didn't have them on thier lists. A prime example is Red potatoes, this little elusive vegetable is so hard to find that if you don't put it in your bag him when you see him, odds are you could be going back many times & never find them again. I think a better list should be a list of groceries you have absolutly no interest in buying, such as the brussel sprout, which I ended up buying dehydrated cheaper than I could have found a fresh one. Anyway tell your shopping supervisor what your after, but if you see produce of another variety that's not on your (not interested list) go grab it, iceberg lettuce is another prime example of this, if you see a good one of these suckers change gears & go snag it. Make another list of the hardest to eat fruits (apples are definatly not on this list) & be an opportunist shopper, not the shopper ancored to my list shopper. After all one of the best things about Albertsons is the variety, so get em when you see them because the produce section are'nt aware that they have to present themselve in the order you have them listed.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 08-05-2003 06:43: Message edited by: Greenhorn ]</font>

I don't have a problem with my wife picking out my groceries. I even let a grocery store worker bag them.
smile.gif

But would you display veggies that you didn't bag as proudly as if you bagged them yourself?

Or would you buy a bag of pre-mixed salad and claim that you mixed it?

Is it like getting a Prostitute ? Sure you got it mounted but you didn't get it yourself... Although Using a guide is like Using a Pimp.. So thats not much better either.

HUmmmm... things to Ponder on Africa hunting eh
rolleyes.gif

THAT was Freakin FUNNY!

My sister in law shot this steinbok in south africa ..... her guide said. YOU HAVE GOTTA SHOOT THAT ONE >>>>>ITS THE BIGGEST ONE IVE EVER SEEN. She shot it running away.

It looked like a 27# spike whitetail buck and she cried because she shot a baby animal. It was slightly bigger than a swamp rabbit
biggrin.gif
It was so small, it could have been the LAST one!

Lists are pretty important though
biggrin.gif

Back