Caribou Gear

shooting bow in below zero temps?

Wyodeerhunter

Banned
Hey all,
I don't know much about archery but I was wondering if theres any precautions I should take to shoot my bow in below zero temps??? Its a newer hoyt so will it be ok? Seems like a dumb question to ask but I don't know chit about bows except how to shoot mine.

Thanks!

Are you guys even old enough to start your videos with "Here, hold my beer....."?

:D:D doubt it but it they start one up in AK with "Here, hold my bear....." it's gonna be a must see!!

yea, heat is the killer of bows not cold. Don't leave em in the truck in summer. I left mine in my shed one day and it hit 95. I went to shoot it when I got home and it was in 3 pieces.

Hell I'd like to be able to archery hunt where it was less than 95*...if my bow turned th chit in under 105 I could never own one here...true though about leaving them in the cars, sheds, etc. for extended periods...especially hard on the strings.

Only problem I ever had with cold was noise and that was probably due to overlube on the wheels, idlers, etc.

One thing to watch in cold weather is thick clothes, and the string slapping your arm, or jacket sleeve.
Another is sometimes your arrow rest will freeze up, make sure it’s working before you release an arrow.

Thanks for the help!

I didn't know that about the heat. Hell it didn't get above 60 all summer though ;)

Jose,
Dude if I told you my age it would shock you. Hell last week was my birthday and you didn't even send me a "happy birthday" private message.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back