Shooter Bull???guess The Score(pics)

Tuffbucker

Here's a "little bull" :) I found while out Coyote hunting this morning. He was already bugling like crazy, and I heard at least two other bulls nearby bugling. I took these pics at less than 20 yards. What do you guys think he would score??

Is he a shooter.....for me HECK YEAH!!

P1040276.jpg

P1040279.jpg

P1040278.jpg

P1040281.jpg

ENJOY!!

SCOTT

Nice bull! I'd agree with T-bone and guess around 335, but I'm not an expert.

Great bull. He's every bit a shooter to me, no questions asked. My first impression of score on him is somewhere from 335-345, the first pic it looks like he has got quite a bit of beam length past the fifths and his 5th's have good length. Any chance you can hunt this guy?

Looks like he's got it all...over 330...heart attack bull for me. Tremendous pics.

The brow tines and the diggers are all less than 18 inches. The tres are about 12 inches. The 4th and 5th points are around 18 to 20 inches each. Main beams look to be about 45 to 50 inches. Mass is average for a 5 or 6 year old bull. The biggest advantage this bull has is his semetry. I would guess between 325 and 340. Regardless of his score, this bull would make an impressive mount..

:cool:

At first glance, I thought 340. I think the beams will tape over 50.
That first picture had me thinking about full draw, and waiting for that next step.

He'd be a dandy no matter what the end count, lots of meat for the freeze and another nice set of hooks for the wall...

That is a really great pic, how close were you?

Thanks for the comments guys! It was great getting as close to this bull as I did.(15-20yrds) I just wish I wouldve had a tag. I may end up guiding a guy with an archery tag in this unit, so hopefully we might see some kill shots of this big boy. As for the score, unfortunately these pictures do make his fronts look a little weak....butit is deceptive. My bull I shot last year had 15 inch brows and 17 inch seconds, and I got a good look at his, and they were better than my bulls. His 3rds, 4ths 5ths, main beams, and spread were greater than my bull too. The only thing my beat him on was mass, and my bull grossed right at 340. Heres the score I came up with:(Keep in mind, Im scoring each of his points a little lower than what I really think they might be.)

G1's-17 (x2=34)
G2's-17 (x2=34)
G3's-12 (x2=24)
G4's-18 (x2=36)
G5's-16 (x2=32)
Main beams--50 (x2=100) (at least...i think they may be closer to 52)
Mass--54 inches total
Spread--44

Total:358

I honestly think this bull will gross over 360...maybe even 365.

SCOTT

Very respectable bull no doubt. The right side is a little shy of the left. The mains are between 48 and 50 inches but it is probably more like 14 or 15 on the right side g1 g2. Wild guess; 335 to 340. Great pics!!

I'd say Somewere between 280 and 415..... Right around there ;)

Look like the Breakdowns sum it up. Thanx for the Pictures !!! Tuff, I didn't know there were Elk in Utah ? ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back