Shingles Vaccine

I think it’s the opposite. If you get shingles you have a higher likelihood of it flaring back up again.
Lovely…

I had a fight with it a dozen years ago right after a job transfer. Everything about it sure pointed to the stress I was under being what brought it up. My boss at the time basically said it was no big deal and just to work through it. Super fun

I had a mild case of shingles when I was in my 20s (mild is a relative term) My doc keeps telling me to get the vaccine, but I never seem to get around to it. I guess I am hoping I some protection from having had it.

But I am probably wrong.
Shingles doesn't work that way. I'm not saying you should or shouldn't get a shot.

In 30+ years, I've heard of chickenpox (was a party kid myself) for kids under 4, and shingles in the old and unhealthy 65+.

That is broad, as much of my exposure is probably older than 65 that had shingles or 4 and under for cpox.

When has shingles become the new black death?

(Not conspiratorial)

is it .health/.gov/.ins taking advantage of hysteria from covid to encourage people to get vaccines that pre'20 wouldn't have otherwise?

Or are yall old as dirt and at the age of "either get the vaccine or get hospice"?

(not asking for debate on efficacy etc, just inquiring on all these new pushes for vaccines lately for every cotton picking thing out there)
People with different lifestyles than previous generations are getting older.

I came down with shingles while out moose hunting this past fall. I must have looked like a really crippled up really ol man. Not just a banged up ol fart. I had no clue what it was. Actually thought I got bit by a spider or something. After getting home I went to the Dr. Got some meds and they helped.
I plan on getting the shot. As my dr suggested. And so does beautiful wife, I always follow her recommendations

Here's an edit to my original post. Shingles shot on 10th kicked my butt probably because the 12th was the first day of covid symptoms. That really flattened me. That turned to a bronchial cough. Nearly a month later my energy quits around 11am.
Had a cold/congestion thing two weeks before our Nov 3-4-5 NM cow hunt. A nagging stealth defeating tickle/drainage cough the entire hunt. Damn thing lasted about 10 days post hunt also. A few days were pretty darn butt kicking. Thinking now it could've been trending walking pneumonia. A regimen of amoxicillin finally killed it.

I think a combination of stuff hit me all at once. Somewhere around the 4-5th I got covid exposure. 9th my long time buddy passed away. 10th shingles shot. 11th-12th covid starts to hit, on and on,,,,,,
One of my out of state buddies laughed and asked how the hell a hermit gets covid? I know exactly when and where I got it. Lastly I don't have any of that "herd immunity " they talk about. I'm safely back in my bubble.
On the good side, my herd of elk is moving back in. Hopefully they will winter here again. 20231205_091411.jpg

I've had the shingles vaccine and had no issues afterwards. I had shingles about 45 years ago and it was a real bitch. I've had several friends get shingles and it was not good.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back