Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Shingles Vaccine

They want me to get it. And RSV.

Had a buddy get it in his teens, shingles.
He suffered his whole life and finally killed himself at home @ Sunset beach/Pipeline.

I plan on discussing this issue and vaccines in general with my oncologist next month.
I have 19 years and don't need to suffer needlessly. LOL

I got one about 10 years ago and never got the second one. I don't remember what it did to me then. It's going to be tough getting #2 this time knowing what #1 did.

Got the 1st shot a year ago. No symptoms. 2nd shot, 4 months later was different. I felt worn out for 4 days or so. Doc said I probably dont need another for 7 years or so.

Reactions: Hem
Got my first Shingrix shot last year. Made it from the pharmacy to the emergency room in time. I needed adrenaline, cortisone shots, and Benadryl. Wife used a sharpie to track the swelling in my arm and shoulder. I looked like a topo map once I recovered.

I'm fairly selective in which vaccines I get. I did get the Shingrix after my doctor told me that about 1 in 3 people over the age of 50 will get shingles. Of those that get it, 1 in 6 have life long symptoms, including permanent pain, etc.

I had a mild case of shingles when I was in my 20s (mild is a relative term) My doc keeps telling me to get the vaccine, but I never seem to get around to it. I guess I am hoping I some protection from having had it.

But I am probably wrong.

I had a mild case of shingles when I was in my 20s (mild is a relative term) My doc keeps telling me to get the vaccine, but I never seem to get around to it. I guess I am hoping I some protection from having had it.

But I am probably wrong.
I think it’s the opposite. If you get shingles you have a higher likelihood of it flaring back up again.

It's something, all my friends that have had the vaccine got sick. Me never even had any side effects from either shot.

I just got over a minor case of the shingles…my wife has had the full blown version. I’ll wait until after deer season but I’ll have to give it a try. Shingles suck!

I saw my dad go through a bad case of shingles. He got it bad on his face which left some pretty nasty scars. He said it was painful, so I asked how painful. Worse thing he had ever felt - even more so than his skydiving accident (yup, you read that right.. it left him hospitalized with a broken femur and shattered pelvis). That really put shingles into perspective for me. I'm sold on the vaccine now!

My dad had shingles so, when the doctor offered the shots, I jumped at them. Luckily for me, all I had for issues was a sore shoulder for a day or two after the second shot.

"Among individuals with HZO, approximately 1 in 10 individuals may develop moderate or severe vision loss, primarily owing to corneal scarring. Older age, immunosuppression, and uveitis are associated with severe permanent loss of vision secondary to HZO."

No dice roll for me, get the jab.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Avidsomething
Back