Sheep show

Jofes

With all the shows (sheep specifically) coming up this year I've been wondering, is it worth going, and has anyone on here ever actually bid on and or won a bid for a sheep or goat? I always watch the governors tag prices and It blows my mind what they go for, but the other side of me wants to sell everything for a tag.
If you bought one, was it what you had hoped it would be?
If you won a drawing, same question I guess?
Good luck to everyone putting your name in the hat this year!

A bit late but absolutley worth going to the sheep show and to support such a great cause. You can also buy a virtual pass to attend remotely if you like. If you go, stop by our RMBS booth to visit and load up on raffle tickets for Colo sheep, mt. goat and Antelope gov tags

Last edited:
I used to live in Reno and enjoyed going to the sheep show every year.

Many raffle tickets have been bought over the years, but I've never won a big game tag.

It's fun to get to try optics, packs and other products.

Meeting people and people watching is the best part.

Some have more $ than sense and it's strange to watch the loud ones negotiate a hunt as to gather a crowd.

Last edited:
Yep, fun show. But as with all conventions, it’s what you make it. If you go, be sure to engage with people and be part of event. Either way, it supports a great cause!

I’ve bought hunts, but never an auction tag. Value proposition just isn’t there for me. I can buy 4-10 sheep hunts for the price of those governor tags….but I have bought LOTS of raffle tags. Still waiting for my good luck in the raffles, maybe this year!

To me the shows are a two edged sword.
I hate seeing how commercialized hunting has become, but I also love rubbing shoulders with other like-minded idiots!
I have been the low-ball bidder on a few tags, just for fun...knowing I could never chase the big money boys. It is kinda fun watching them spend their money though.

I've been to about 6 or 7 sheep shows over the years. First was in 2000 to meet some Canadian outfitters that were sending me hunting reports and to book a dall sheep hunt. Glad I did it when I did! 3 years ago I won the Kamchatka snow sheep drawing, but gave it back due to all the covid mess, and personal health issues. Probably ended up being the right decision on my part, but a little part of me still wonders what if?

A bit late but absolutley worth going to the sheep show and to support such a great cause. You can also buy a virtual pass to attend remotely if you like. If you go, stop by our RMBS booth to visit and load up on raffle tickets for Colo sheep, mt. goat and Antelope gov tags
Hey I will be there and stop by and talk to you! Like to hear how that bison hunt went. I know my buddy that drew came home empty handed.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back