Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Sheep hunting rule #1

I just started going, so far it’s just been on the budget hunts, but my goal is to make it a yearly or at least every other year thing.

Hopefully the bank account will allow me to some of the more expensive hunts some day... or my wife will give in and let us move up there.
I just add a couple more dollars each year. The first was hard but since then she knows it's just going to happen and I keep the price within our budget. Another decade of slow increases and budget and vaca and I'll be up to AK. But I'm not there yet.

Bambistew, not being a sheep hunter I would more than likely not even been in that area. However, having a place up there now and getting our feet wetter every trip I just may have to say I would have dropped his ass in a heartbeat. Not getting any younger! Moose is getting farther out of reach with every pop and crack in this old body of mine. Your stories and pictures, no matter HOW awesome, have made me start realizing that I'm probably out of my league with you folks in Alaska that do this year after year. Not going to completely give up on the dream, but facts are facts. Things happen fast any more. We just lost one of our dearest friends in a car crash in Anchorage last Thursday. I really felt old and vulnerable when her husband called to tell us. Your adventures are exciting to follow, but perhaps I'll just keep following and not dream about those things that could really hurt me in the long run. I would have a LONG way to go to feel anywhere NEAR comfortable in that country! Now, about that sheep you were after...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back