Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Sheep herder vs bear

I hunted above the Lemon Reservoir a few times from a drop camp. Shot elk and mule deer. I had a scary stand off with a sow with three cubs. I had a back pack full of elk meat. After several bluff charges she was too close. She stood on her hind legs one last time bawling, and swinging her head side to side spraying spit. She was about 10 yards from me. One of the cubs behind her fell or jumped from a tree and distracted her. When she came down on all fours ( with my crosshairs on her head), she spun around and headed back toward the cubs. They disappeared quickly. I sat down with my back to a ledge and had with the worse case of post adrenaline rush shakes I ever had !

I hunted above the Lemon Reservoir a few times from a drop camp. Shot elk and mule deer. I had a scary stand off with a sow with three cubs. I had a back pack full of elk meat. After several bluff charges she was too close. She stood on her hind legs one last time bawling, and swinging her head side to side spraying spit. She was about 10 yards from me. One of the cubs behind her fell or jumped from a tree and distracted her. When she came down on all fours ( with my crosshairs on her head), she spun around and headed back toward the cubs. They disappeared quickly. I sat down with my back to a ledge and had with the worse case of post adrenaline rush shakes I ever had !
I had a sow with cubs confront me with a salami sammie in my hand when I was deer hunting in the Kaiser Wilderness. Same deal she came in hard clacking her teeth and swinging her head. I was against a granite wall sitting. She was 20 yards away when I got up with my rifle and false charged her and let out a roar. The cubs took off she turned and went with them. Huge blonde sow.
One of the more exciting experiences in my life. Right up there with a firefight.

Back