Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Sheep/goat grazing in CO elk units

Krs1219

Can anyone point me where I can find current active grazing alottments in colorado? Or who I may contact? Ive searched multiple keywords and just not coming up with anything after 2008 I'm trying to make sure there won't be grazing in the elk area I plan to go.

I've always struggled to find that info online as well.
Try calling the managing land agency and ask them. May have to talk to a few folks to track it down but if a federal agency the range con should be able to help you.

Try this number. This was the guy over it. Haven’t called it in a couple years so I hope it’s still a good number.

Attachments

• 017DB12B-6090-4876-8A87-DAFE6637AEEE.png
    017DB12B-6090-4876-8A87-DAFE6637AEEE.png
    91.9 KB · Views: 2
It's incredible how hard this information is to get. Let alone on/off dates and rotations. Have to be persistent and keep calling/emailing the range management staff at your USFS/BLM office of choice... although some of the forests have a GIS data portal you can dig around on. I've found the allotment boundaries and the cattle/sheep and status data there whether they are active or not.

It's incredible how hard this information is to get. Let alone on/off dates and rotations. Have to be persistent and keep calling/emailing the range management staff at your USFS/BLM office of choice... although some of the forests have a GIS data portal you can dig around on. I've found the allotment boundaries and the cattle/sheep and status data there whether they are active or not.
And don't think the on off dates are actually observed. The last THREE years I have photographic and video capturing a rancher run a couple of hundred head of cattle off private back onto and through public for a few miles right through very productive hunting areas and peoples camps. I have gone through CPW and tried USDA in order to get some action. Nothing....

And don't think the on off dates are actually observed. The last THREE years I have photographic and video capturing a rancher run a couple of hundred head of cattle off private back onto and through public for a few miles right through very productive hunting areas and peoples camps. I have gone through CPW and tried USDA in order to get some action. Nothing....

Sounds about right. AMP and AOI are rarely followed or enforced in many areas. So much room for improvement in the public land grazing system...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back