Sh*t our kids do

Us: Please put your shoes on, I've asked you three times, it's time to go!
My 8-year-old: I can't find them, I left them over here.
Us: They aren't there, where did you take them off? Come on, we're going to be late for school.
8yo: Right here, SOMEONE TOOK THEM!
Us: Nobody took them, if they aren't by the door where they belong go look in your room.
8yo: I did, they aren't in there! SOMEONE HID THEM FROM ME! (Proceeds to cry, and sit down)
Me: (after finding both shoes in the middle of her room) Here they are, they were in your room, we're late, let's go!
8yo: No they weren't, I looked there, YOU'RE BEING MEAN AND I DON'T LIKE IT!
Me:
bd wong fox GIF by Gotham

Us: They aren't there, where did you take them off? Come on, we're going to be late for school.
Us: Nobody took them, if they aren't by the door where they belong go look in your room.
8yo: I did, they aren't in there! SOMEONE HID THEM FROM ME! (Proceeds to cry, and sit down)
Me: (after finding both shoes in the middle of her room) Here they are, they were in your room, we're late, let's go!
Me:
You're not alone.

Me:
Every morning with my 7 year old daughter is like this. Shoes are apparently the most difficult thing to keep track of at that age. My mom told me about how they only got one pair of shoes a year as kids because they were poor. I'm convinced more then ever now after trying to wrangle 17 pairs of my daughters shoes grandpa was just smarter then me not that poor.

My almost 2 year old girl at breakfast.

Eats her strawberries.
Loves banana, wont touch it.
Put chopped up bacon on her plate, normally loves it.
Throws the plate on the ground, I call in dogs to eat bacon.
Place melting down child on floor to cool off.
She eats a piece of bacon off her clothes.
Sit her back down in chair with a piece of toast.
Shes happily eating now, then finds a piece of bacon on her tray. Laughs as she eats it, smiling, looking at me.
I swear they do this on purpose.

Every morning with my 7 year old daughter is like this. Shoes are apparently the most difficult thing to keep track of at that age. My mom told me about how they only got one pair of shoes a year as kids because they were poor. I'm convinced more then ever now after trying to wrangle 17 pairs of my daughters shoes grandpa was just smarter then me not that poor.
I actually did hide their stuff if it wasn’t put where it belonged. Would probably lead to a visit from social services now. 🤷‍♂️

My two boys last night were in the tub. They were having a grand'ol time and I could hear footsteps. I go in to check on them and they're using a rubber ducky to "play basketball" in the toilet. My youngest goes "but it's clean water in there!"

My two boys last night were in the tub. They were having a grand'ol time and I could hear footsteps. I go in to check on them and they're using a rubber ducky to "play basketball" in the toilet. My youngest goes "but it's clean water in there!"
Creative kids. Ya make do with what ya got.

Probably shouldn't post the video, but lately my two kids find it hilarious to sing bad moon rising in the tub during bathtime. They scrub their butts during the chorus of "its a bad moon a rising!" And shake it in a circle.Trying to mimick gru from minions. The rise of gru or whatever that one is called. But it is pretty funny when they get going.

My oldests first fish 2ish years ago now. He was all jacked.. reeled it in himself etc..get it off the hook, I ask him, did he want to take a picture to send to momma of his first catch... he says yes! still very excited. I have him sit on the bank so he can kinda hold it.. I tell him it's wet, kinda slippery and slimy feeling.. okay daddy.. as soon as this brown touches his lap and he feels it... instantly wells up as shown... no fish were harmed.. just a child's first fish memory.. It took a good year in a half to get him to touch a fish again...
20220326_114034.jpg

My oldests first fish 2ish years ago now. He was all jacked.. reeled it in himself etc..get it off the hook, I ask him, did he want to take a picture to send to momma of his first catch... he says yes! still very excited. I have him sit on the bank so he can kinda hold it.. I tell him it's wet, kinda slippery and slimy feeling.. okay daddy.. as soon as this brown touches his lap and he feels it... instantly wells up as shown... no fish were harmed.. just a child's first fish memory.. It took a good year in a half to get him to touch a fish again...
View attachment 318937
Neither my son or grandson had anything but happy excitement about trout!
Jeff with big fish.jpg
0404101327.jpg

Monday night the wife and I were discussing the need to get a cover over the window well in our backyard. Both boys were out there at the time, and I went out to check on them and flip the pork chops on the grill. Just as I step out I see my 2 y/o son walking towards that side of the house with a big rock in his hands.

Should have questioned that.

Next thing I hear a clatter and the sound of breaking glass. Yup, he put the rock in the back of his Tonka truck and pushed the whole thing down the window well.

$400 for a replacement window - awesome.

Monday night the wife and I were discussing the need to get a cover over the window well in our backyard. Both boys were out there at the time, and I went out to check on them and flip the pork chops on the grill. Just as I step out I see my 2 y/o son walking towards that side of the house with a big rock in his hands.

Next thing I hear a clatter and the sound of breaking glass. Yup, he put the rock in the back of his Tonka truck and pushed the whole thing down the window well.

My oldest would then look me straight in the eye and tell me with a straight face that he didn't do it.

Kids were supposed to be taking a nap. Open their bedroom door to find the youngest (3) had taken all his clothes off except for his shirt and colored all of his exposed skin with a black marker including his back side and his weener. Later that evening they were both in the shower and he was on all 4's while his sister (5) was scrubbing the marker off of his butt cheeks. :ROFLMAO:

I posted my busted counter awhile back that I'm just now replacing. You always hear how expensive it is to raise a kid but I never realized half of the money goes to replacing all of your stuff they break and lose. Finally got the story on the counter though. My daughter wanted her favorite cup that had been put in the top shelf but couldn't get it. Big brother came in to help climbed on the counter got the cup then for his dismount dropped his butt to the counter where he was gonna jump off like he's done many a time. But he'll be 9 next month and is almost a hundred pounds the counter couldn't handle it anymore. The counter is being replaced next week while we're camping and they've both been threatened with cruel and unusual punishment if I see them on it.20240313_124945.jpg

Neither my son or grandson had anything but happy excitement about trout!
View attachment 318938
View attachment 318939
He told me that he thought the fish was going to bite him 🤦‍♂️ never would have popped into my head, at the time he was super into sharks but I didnt think of it like that... he never said that untill a week or two later next outing.. I just figured he was kinda being a weiny about the slim... he just thought this brown was gonna eat him... bad dad moment for sure! Didnt think that about the shark correlation at all to be honest.

That's awesome those are great photos! Looks like some great memories were made!

He told me that he thought the fish was going to bite him 🤦‍♂️ never would have popped into my head, at the time he was super into sharks but I didnt think of it like that... he never said that untill a week or two later next outing.. I just figured he was kinda being a weiny about the slim... he just thought this brown was gonna eat him... bad dad moment for sure! Didnt think that about the shark correlation at all to be honest.

That's awesome those are great photos! Looks like some great memories were made!
Yep, three generations of fishermen. The first photo won a fishing rod from an outdoor publication. I made a photo of the son and grandson side by side with the two similar trout, both from the West Gallatin.

I get the shark fear. Since JAWS movie, music, and images, then many videos and stories of big, sharp-toothed sharks ... I am reluctant to swim in ocean waters myself. I can certainly understand why a tot with visual images of shark teeth would be fearful!

Back