SFC B and associated mental defectives doing questionable outdoor things.....

Wahooo!!! Got an email last night that my Swaro has shipped and should be here by mid week!!!! I should be able b to put some rounds through Ruby by the end of the week.

Swaro is here and I bought a pair of 1 in PMRs today as well and am gonna try to get it mounted up on Thursday. I'd like to get a shot at shooting it Friday, Monday at latest. I will post pics ASAP when the setup is done and then a range report.

Got zero secondary and now zero leftovers 😕 CO is gonna be slim this year.

On another topic, just got back from a long weekend in Jacksonville Beach ⛱. Nice wedding and OLD friends I haven't seen in far too long. Stayed at Margaritaville Resort. Beach was nice but I will NEVER understand how anyone lives in FL if they are not ON the water. I HATE tropical/swampy heat. Get back to CO last night to more severe ⛈. ... will this damn summer and allergies EVER end? Ugh

Last edited:
Took Ruby out today for a little more practice and do a seperate zero confirmation before I set the ballistic turret. Right on the beans at +-1/2" still. set the turret to 200/300/400 as I am self limited to 400. Also tried using the illuminated reticle, it opened up the groups just slightly.

Attachments

• 8-8-23 .jpg
    8-8-23 .jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
For some reason I had not even looked at season dates for IN this year......I KNEW it would start 2 Saturdays before Thanksgiving. That would have given me a full week before heading to IL. Man, was I wrong......IN now opens the 18 (instead of the anticipated 11th) and runs to Dec 3 with Thanksgiving being on the 23rd. IL is 17-19 NOV. This means no IL for me and only 4 days of rifle in IN. I may give archery with one of Redman's bows a shot. There are worse things in the world but this is a bummer in the middle of a crappy summer. :(

Another tough day at the office today......using tripods and shooting from unconventional positions with Danny from Seekins. Got to bring our own rigs out and ring some steel as well (only 200m on this range though) as the setups Danny brought. The tripods with arca and death grips were a new experience. Those with bracing techniques were fun. Shot Ruby off of a bag and was fun ringing the small steel at 200. Also got some inside info on the next big thing coming from Idaho and WISH I could spill the beans. What I can say is that looks amazing and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back