Caribou Gear Tarp

Serui VA-5 Fluid Head

N

ntodwild

Anyone use one of these. Thinking about picking one up.

Pros?

Cons?

Anyone use one of these. Thinking about picking one up.

Pros?

Cons?
I have 1 season on mine. Everything is great except the clamp really doesn’t grip the arca plate very well, without any effort my optics will slide back and forth. To make it through the season, I had to put a layer of duck tape on each plate so they wouldn’t slide.

I have 1 season on mine. Everything is great except the clamp really doesn’t grip the arca plate very well, without any effort my optics will slide back and forth. To make it through the season, I had to put a layer of duck tape on each plate so they wouldn’t slide.

Hmm, that is a new one. I have not heard that about this head before. Anyone else have this problem?

I have this head and love it. I use Sirui plates and haven't encountered the issue that Fsmith posted. I did see the following video, though, that may resolve the issue. Fsmith, have you tried this?

I have this head and love it. I use Sirui plates and haven't encountered the issue that Fsmith posted. I did see the following video, though, that may resolve the issue. Fsmith, have you tried this?

I have the same problem as Fsmith. I’ll have to try to re-index it. Thanks for the video Bowhuntrben

Thanks for that! Feel stupid right now! I’m a mechanic by trade and I never would’ve thought to re-index a lever on a pan head. That said the pan is money well spent.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back