Yeti GOBOX Collection

SERIOUS QUESTION

Look, you might as well try to get this straight. I'm not crazy about the wolf idea myself, but there's no sense bitchin' about it for the rest of your life. It's done, there's nothin' you can do about it, there never was anything you could do about it, and the only thing that can be done about it now is to get them delisted and control them at the level needed to keep them off the list. Which is what I've been saying ever since the beginning.

As for all your irrational, emotional distress over a few hundred wolves; you should just try to keep it in perspective. Even if there's a thousand of them in Idaho they're not going to eat nearly as many deer and elk as the ten thousand cougars we have already. And don't forget the bears either.

It's the irrational, illogical thinking of the WY legislature that's holding up the delisting now, and they're getting their screwball ideas from the cattlemen----like you.

Telling your little anecdotes about how many teachers at your school don't like wolves is never going to do any good.

You challenge me to back up what I say when you don't agree with me and I come back with plenty of quotes and links every time. I challenge you to back up what you say and you come up with ZERO, except an anecdote about your teacher friends.

Kinda one sided, isn't it? If I didn't come up with anything you, Lost and MD4M would be screaming your heads off.

Either admit you can't back up what you say with any reputable info or don't ever ask me to prove my claims again.

Ask those teacher friends of your how debates work. You lose every time.
biggrin.gif

And while you're at it ask them how to spell "Ithaca". You've looked at the word hundreds of times and you still can't get it right. What do you do at that school, anyway? I sure hope you're not one of the teachers!

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-11-2003 23:30: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

LMAO,yep If ya get backed into a corner point out how the other posted can't spell LOL.
I guess from Ithaca's post what he is telling us is that anytime we are faced with something we dont want the only thing to do is roll over and play dead to get along with the other side?

With his logic why don't we all just give up our gun's and stop hunting ,after all we have all seen the poll's that tell us how many people are against firearm's and hunting?

eek.gif
eek.gif

Do I have this correct ,its bitching when we are against something LOL but it's teaching us something when Ithaca post's it?
rolleyes.gif

Keep at it Mike.

How was I backed into a corner? I was challenged and I proved my claim. mike was challenged and produced ZERO. It sounds more like he's the one who got cornered.
biggrin.gif

And comparing opposing a law (the Endangered Species Act) to suggesting we should give up firearms and hunting because there are polls showing some people are against them is typical of MD4Ms lack of logic(that's the nicest way I can characterize it).

But I challenge you to give us some links to those polls, MD4M, and an explanation of why they're relevant to the ESA.
smile.gif
Let's see how logical you can make it.

As for spelling names; how many times is reasonable to look at a simple 6 letter word and still not be able to spell it when it's right in front of you?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 01-12-2003 11:32: Message edited by: Ithaca 37 ]</font>

I find it interesting that in the poll results statistics stated above that the percent of those polled that are against wolf reintroductions is greater than the percent of the population that hunt. Given that there are hunters that are pro-wolf, this would suggest that a fair chunk of non-hunters are anti-wolf. Still, I'm surprised to see the results skewed as heavily anti-wolf as they are. I would have expected a much more wolf-favorable result.

I fail to see the point in the argument. Polls are all skewed to produce a result desired by the persons drafting the particular questions. You can get any result you want by phrasing the questions properly. A sample question: "How do you gentlemen feel about the young ladies sunbathing in the nude"? Or: "As fathers, how do you feel about the naked wemen laying around playground where you children are playing"? It's all a matter of perspective.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by brokfut:
I fail to see the point in the argument. Polls are all skewed to produce a result desired by the persons drafting the particular questions. You can get any result you want by phrasing the questions properly. A sample question: "How do you gentlemen feel about the young ladies sunbathing in the nude"? Or: "As fathers, how do you feel about the naked wemen laying around playground where you children are playing"? It's all a matter of perspective.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Exactly!! And no, no one ever asked me about Wolves. The crazed wolf loving tree huggers fot their way down here and we tried everything to stop them too. I hate wolves... sorry, I'm all settled dwon now. Bring me another drink.. I'm OK... really!
biggrin.gif

Back