Sell me a deep fryer

Now I like the looks of that one.

i will say, if you're trying to churn out fish for like more than 2 people you'll probably want a bigger one than that. huge help in getting more hot fish on the table at one time. instead of in stages of like 3 fish every 3-5 minutes maybe you can do 6-7 fish every 3-5 minutes

my favorite solution to straining the used oil to keep and store has been my french press

i will say, if you're trying to churn out fish for like more than 2 people you'll probably want a bigger one than that. huge help in getting more hot fish on the table at one time. instead of in stages of like 3 fish every 3-5 minutes maybe you can do 6-7 fish every 3-5 minutes

my favorite solution to straining the used oil to keep and store has been my french press
I agree 100%. I meant to actually caveat that it all depends on the number of people you are trying to feed.

The Tfal I linked actually has a larger capacity than that Cuisinart. I think for a family of four you would be ok, as long as you aren't doing super thick slabs of fish; then you might have some longer waits between batches. If I was going bigger than the Tfal, I would go to a 2 basket, then you could do fish and chips simultaneously....;)

I thought the coolest thing about the tfal was the how slick the tear down and storage was...

i'd also definitely go with the two basket options for four people, i think they are typically like 4 liter fryers?

even with mine which is the two basket i wouldn't mind having more fry capacity.

The Tfal I linked actually has a larger capacity than that Cuisinart. I think for a family of four you would be ok, as long as you aren't doing super thick slabs of fish; then you might have some longer waits between batches. If I was going bigger than the Tfal, I would go to a 2 basket, then you could do fish and chips simultaneously....;)

I thought the coolest thing about the tfal was the how slick the tear down and storage was...
Unless I linked the wrong one, that cuisinart is 4L and appears to have more surface area. But I do really like the oil filtration and storage of the Tfal you linked. The next size it up is quite a bit spendier, and I'm not sure where I'd keep it.

I use a old cast iron fryer that my uncle used for many years. It’s well seasoned and holds heat. Actually have 2 of his one is a little deeper. Once you get the temp where you want, doesn’t take much gas to keep it going and the oil will last for a few cookings.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back