Seeth's unexpected FULL fall of "good" hunts

Skinned, fleshed and cleaned. Air drying most moisture out now. Thank goodness I already have 2 drakes at my good friend doing the real professional work. Although I skinned it with zero nicks to the skin, fleshing resulted in two small tears. It has 4 bb holes so technically I was more abrasive when I shot it...

20221016_153307.jpg

Most depressing thing I've ever seen. Thirteen turkeys just came out into my field. All 13 are hens. 3 are poults of this year. That's it. 3 fking poults remain for 10 fking hens. Largest group I've seen all summer/fall. Eating on the newly planted winter wheat I just put in.

Time to rage all out war on the coons and yotes

20221016_161350.jpg

Marriage advise for those willing to listen: when you are in my situation, I would highly recommend that when your wife walks back into the house you don't go "wait, why are there two nocks lit up? Maybe you should practice more so you don't miss twice?"

She didn't miss twice, guess it just lit up from nocking the arrow to the string. Regardless, I'm on the couch sleeping with the dogs.

A 2 man limit?
Mallards yes because there are two more drakes we knocked down just haven't found them yet. My dog is beyond exhausted and couldn't go anymore. Quick break and we will head back out to find the last two. Technically we could shoot 3 more woodies yet for a full 2 man limit. It's a woody spot....yet we got mallards. Hardly ever get mallards here

Going across the road to our pothole over there. Heard no shots over that way do hopefully those birds from neighboring potholes also are unshook and we can enjoy another sunrise. Well actually we didn't enjoy one this morning, too busy enjoying other things so ummmm hopefully a repeat of that!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back