SEEKINS PRECISION bolt guns

Millsworks

Looking at a Seekins PRECISION bolt action rifle. Looks like alot of features for the price and it's available in alot of calibers. Very comparable to other custom brand rifles in quality it seems.

Anyone own one of these rifles?

I have a friend interested in purchasing one in .28 Nosler.
Thanks

Last edited:
I have a buddy waiting on a .300 Win to show up with a Manners stock. There’s a lot to like from the looks of them.

Looks like Cabela's has them offered at the lowest price I have seen. Have no idea what the wait period is through Cabela's.
At that price I may have to see about one for myself.

Wrong model there.
Looking at the havic bolt action. I may have spelled it wrong, not sure.
Shows it in .28 Nosler, .300 win mag, 6+6.5 creedmore.
The price we are seeing is $599.99.
Just got a Cabela's Shooting catalog with the picture, price , and calibers offered. Maybe it's a mis print?
If that price is correct it sounds awesome.
I see online that the havik is as you have stated in the 2,800+ area. But it's a different stock and has a break on the barrel.
Could be a mistake in my catalog. That's what my friend and I was thinking when we first saw it.

Hope it's a model or features difference. Don't know.
Not that I need a new gun though. But my friend is thinking he does.

Last edited:
The $600 price is a misprint in the catalog/flyer and that price is not available through Cabelas. I saw that price, called and confirmed the misprint. Add $1K and you'll be close on price.

I think the Havak is a very well thought out rifle and a good style/weight for a hunting rifle capable of making long shots. I think one in 6.5 PRC would be awesome!

Sorry if this post got some unexpectedly excited, as it unfortunately has done to my friend.
He can't afford the rifle now and we're sure unhappy about the mistake.
Mistakes happen and that's just a unpleasant reality.
He called and was given the bad news this morning.
Sorry for the mix up, had no idea obviously.

The Cabelas unit is the same specs except for ceracoat, stock color, and break. Both have the McMillan Game Warden stock, spiral fluted barrel, same trigger..etc.

SWFA has the (standard) bead blast, threaded muzzle (no break), flush mag box 6.5 for 1999....but none available & did not see any other calibers listed. The Cabelas price isn't that far off for that rifle with those added features & caliber choices..saw the action priced elsewhere at 1200.

Pedigreed components, good looking in a different way, nice carry weight..ought to shoot. I'd heard of their tactical stuff & mounts but the bolt rifle is a first for me....thanks for posting.

The Cabelas unit is the same specs except for ceracoat, stock color, and break. Both have the McMillan Game Warden stock, spiral fluted barrel, same trigger..etc.

SWFA has the (standard) bead blast, threaded muzzle (no break), flush mag box 6.5 for 1999....but none available & did not see any other calibers listed. The Cabelas price isn't that far off for that rifle with those added features & caliber choices..saw the action priced elsewhere at 1200.

Pedigreed components, good looking in a different way, nice carry weight..ought to shoot. I'd heard of their tactical stuff & mounts but the bolt rifle is a first for me....thanks for posting.

FYI - I called cabelas on the low price as well. They told me $1999 plus a $500 gift card for the inconvenience of the mispricing. In case that's helpful to anyone .... you can usually find discounted cabelas gift cards online so it could be a good deal

I agree that the $500.00 gift card is a nice bonus.

But $ 1,999.99 is alot more than the advertised $599.99.
More than most can afford.
Especially me and my heart broken friend.

FYI - I called cabelas on the low price as well. They told me $1999 plus a $500 gift card for the inconvenience of the mispricing. In case that's helpful to anyone .... you can usually find discounted cabelas gift cards online so it could be a good deal

Just so I understand...you can get it for 1499 net...or 2499?

I ask due to this...
I agree that the $500.00 gift card is a nice bonus.

Correction....my mistake

The Cabelas offering has a Manners Elite MCS-EH1 stock (not the Mickey Game Warden) All in <7 lbs.

The price at Cabela's is 1,999.99 at time of purchase.
They are offering a 500.00 gift card to any who buys one to make up and apologize for the printed mistake on the price in their catalog/ flyer they mailed out.

The price at Cabela's is 1,999.99 at time of purchase.
They are offering a 500.00 gift card to any who buys one to make up and apologize for the printed mistake on the price in their catalog/ flyer they mailed out.

Thanks Millsworks...sent you a pm

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Killcarp2
Back