Seekins - Cannot see in person, buy anyway?

Once you use a rifle stock like that a bit, you’ll never want to go back to the old style.
I handled an Element about two year ago and I remember that it was very light, but I don’t remember all of the details about the stock. Is the stock fully ambidextrous (no different swells/angles for us lefties)? Getting a custom rifle as light as the Seekins Element is an expensive proposition. I have used lots of right hand bolt guns. I could tell my wife that I am getting it for my daughter, then if a 300 PRC would end up being too much for her, I would just have to use it myself.

I handled an Element about two year ago and I remember that it was very light, but I don’t remember all of the details about the stock. Is the stock fully ambidextrous (no different swells/angles for us lefties)? Getting a custom rifle as light as the Seekins Element is an expensive proposition. I have used lots of right hand bolt guns. I could tell my wife that I am getting it for my daughter, then if a 300 PRC would end up being too much for her, I would just have to use it myself.
Here is the web page with pics, you can see the stock from both sides. In the PRC you will definitely want a break ;) https://seekinsprecision.com/rifles-new/havak-bolt-rifles/havak-element.html

I have a Zeiss V4 4-16 on my PRC, good combo of great glass, lighter weight, and the tracking and return to zero is spot on.

Get yourself a couple boxes of ADG brass, Unknown Munitions in Post Falls stocks them, and some 199 Hammer Hunters.

Buying the one from the LRH forum post. Now to decide on scopes.

For hunting rifles I've moved all my rifles to either SWFA 3-9 or bushnell elite tactical LTRS/LRHS line. Had the Leupy vx6, $3k March 3-24x52, Nightforce NXS 2.5-10x42, and others but find these do everything i need functionally as well or better. The LRTS/LRHS line is probably more appropriate for a 300 PRC but would have to buy one second hand right now. Zeiss, Leupold, and Swaro don't make anything that would interest me instead.

The 2.5-10 NXS is a good hunting scope, I just didn't feel like I was getting a big benefit over my SWFA 3-9s with it and it was my last MOA scope so I sold it and got 2 more 3-9s.

The new Trijicon credo and tenmile scopes are getting some good press on the reliability and value front. I've no first hand experience with them.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back