Yeti GOBOX Collection

Seek Outside Eolus thoughts

KyHunter98

Does anyone have any experience or thoughts on the Eolus shelter from seek outside? In the market for my first shelter setup. Most of my hunts for the foreseeable future until I’m finished with school will be eastern public land deer hunting and spring bear hunts out west. I’ve heard great things about Seek Outside and can get this setup off of GoHunt within my budget.

I”ve got an Eolus and have used it in Colorado for a couple of years. I really like it and feel it is an improvement in shelter over the Seek Outside DST tarp that i used before it (and 40 years of various floored bp tent) i rarely have need for a two man shelter so if I were to do it again I’d go with the Silex.9404B9AB-A77C-4338-A9B9-38272CFDE993.jpeg

I”ve got an Eolus and have used it in Colorado for a couple of years. I really like it and feel it is an improvement in shelter over the Seek Outside DST tarp that i used before it (and 40 years of various floored bp tent) i rarely have need for a two man shelter so if I were to do it again I’d go with the Silex.

Do you run it mostly with the nest or floorless?

I do not have a nest for it but may get one since they are made about ten miles from where I live.

I too am interested in this thread. I have to get a new tent this year and I’m set on getting either the Eolus or the LBO with vestibule. But I am going back and forth like crazy. Phaseolus, how would you feel about using the Eolus in some unexpected snow? Mine will be used for both Colorado archery and rifle sothe chance of snow has me leaning LBO but I do like the Eolus.

I think I'll definitely pull the trigger on the Eolus with the nest. Most of my trips I'll have a hunting buddy with me so might as well be prepared. Also, really love that they are made in Colorado!

If you had an unexpected snow you would wish you had a nest or a hot tent. Idon’t think of the Eolus as a cold weather tent. I would be ok with my warm sleeping bag but multiple days could get long. It‘s vestibules don’t pitch quite to the ground and a strong cold storm might less pleasant. I pack a Borah Gear bivy (5 ounces)when bringing the eolus.

Last edited:
I run a SO Cimarron with a stove. It has tons of space for one person and is comfortable with two. Early season with no worries about snow I use a tarp.

I too am interested in this thread. I have to get a new tent this year and I’m set on getting either the Eolus or the LBO with vestibule. But I am going back and forth like crazy. Phaseolus, how would you feel about using the Eolus in some unexpected snow? Mine will be used for both Colorado archery and rifle sothe chance of snow has me leaning LBO but I do like the Eolus.

The Eolus is a really neat tent that does several things well. It handles condensation better than any of our tents in my testing, light enough for one person, legit big enough for two 6'5" tall guys to sleep in and not be too cozy. No stove jack option on it, and it won't pitch as tight to the ground as some other shelters.

So if you're doing mostly early season lightweight backpack hunting with one or maybe two people, the Eolus makes a ton of sense. Throw in several late season solo tags and you may want to opt for a different system.

The LBO system is worth buying into if you have very varied needs such as solo or two person early season, late season solo hot tent, late season two person hot tent, or an UL hot tent for up to 4. If you don't need that modularity then you'll come out lighter and a little cheaper getting a more purpose built tent that covers 90% of one need vs. something that covers many different needs.

How do you feel about this set up for a November Montana hunt. I’m going this year and this is what I’ve decided on.

Floorless with a stove
No worries. I am taking my wife with me in mid October in the Rockies and we are using this set up. I have had a ton of snow dump on me and it is nice to be able to dry everything out next to the wood stove.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back