Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Seats/Pads

Flatlander3

What does everyone use for a seat/pad? Interested in hearing the different ideas. I've heard of guys using car mats, garden pads, cut up sleeping pads, etc. I want to get a take on what I would think would be the most comfortable, yet easy to pack seat there is.

I use a Kuiu glassing pad or an ultralight chair.

Last edited:
2 inch foam pad one of thge big box's sell in their pseudo hunting section.
Usually carry 2, 1 to sit on and 1 for back rest.

Helinox chair zero and a z rest cut up.
How do you like that Helinox? I have been considering one for when I carry in a small pop up blind, they look more comfortable than the tripod seat I use now for comparable weight

The wife bought me a Lavaseat for Christmas a few years ago. I only use it for those minus, freeze the boys off, cold sits. I have to say in some situations it has a serious Ahhhhhh factor. As a side note, it also makes a dandy kidney warmer. Cold weather tip. keeping your kidneys warm, warms your whole body. Most sits I use a cut up sleeping pad, which doubles as Bino protection in my day pack.

How do you like that Helinox? I have been considering one for when I carry in a small pop up blind, they look more comfortable than the tripod seat I use now for comparable weight

I've got a day pack/folding chair combo that isn't half bad. I use it for fishing mostly as it is a bit noisy for hunting. A fabric rasp or a squeak can ruin a hunt quickly.

Stool-backpack.png

They also make a model with a backrest.

It's a pretty sweet chair I do like it but I'm not in love with it. It depends on terrain your hunting and if your gonna use it to glas it's kind of a bucket seat so glassing from gets uncomfortable after awhile IMO. However having a seat to plant your ass in after a long day with some back support is damn nice. I've been taking both in some cases the pad is only 2oz. And the chair is 16. It's nice to have a dry place sit down on.

E39CD281-E38B-48CC-B167-D567A5AB1518.png
Been using that style seat for years and they were great but planning on getting a z-pad and splitting it in half with my hunting partner. Just a little more cushion and the ability to lay out for a nap!

I cut a piece out of an old thermarest.

Honestly for the price you could buy a new one, cut it and then use the rest for a mat when your working in the garage, or the like.
1583435917881.png

View attachment 130046
Been using that style seat for years and they were great but planning on getting a z-pad and splitting it in half with my hunting partner. Just a little more cushion and the ability to lay out for a nap!
I've had one like this since I started Turkey hunting 20+ years ago. Mine just developed a hole. I didnt even know they still made them. They work great

I’ve been using a cheap Walmart foam seat pad. I slip it between the frame and bag of my pack and pull it out when I sit and glass. I put a couple small notches in it so it doesn’t interfere with the straps of my EXO pack. It’s out of the way and you don’t even know it’s there.

Back