Seats/Pads

Flatlander3

What does everyone use for a seat/pad? Interested in hearing the different ideas. I've heard of guys using car mats, garden pads, cut up sleeping pads, etc. I want to get a take on what I would think would be the most comfortable, yet easy to pack seat there is.

I use a Kuiu glassing pad or an ultralight chair.

Last edited:
2 inch foam pad one of thge big box's sell in their pseudo hunting section.
Usually carry 2, 1 to sit on and 1 for back rest.

Helinox chair zero and a z rest cut up.
How do you like that Helinox? I have been considering one for when I carry in a small pop up blind, they look more comfortable than the tripod seat I use now for comparable weight

The wife bought me a Lavaseat for Christmas a few years ago. I only use it for those minus, freeze the boys off, cold sits. I have to say in some situations it has a serious Ahhhhhh factor. As a side note, it also makes a dandy kidney warmer. Cold weather tip. keeping your kidneys warm, warms your whole body. Most sits I use a cut up sleeping pad, which doubles as Bino protection in my day pack.

How do you like that Helinox? I have been considering one for when I carry in a small pop up blind, they look more comfortable than the tripod seat I use now for comparable weight

I've got a day pack/folding chair combo that isn't half bad. I use it for fishing mostly as it is a bit noisy for hunting. A fabric rasp or a squeak can ruin a hunt quickly.

Stool-backpack.png

They also make a model with a backrest.

It's a pretty sweet chair I do like it but I'm not in love with it. It depends on terrain your hunting and if your gonna use it to glas it's kind of a bucket seat so glassing from gets uncomfortable after awhile IMO. However having a seat to plant your ass in after a long day with some back support is damn nice. I've been taking both in some cases the pad is only 2oz. And the chair is 16. It's nice to have a dry place sit down on.

E39CD281-E38B-48CC-B167-D567A5AB1518.png
Been using that style seat for years and they were great but planning on getting a z-pad and splitting it in half with my hunting partner. Just a little more cushion and the ability to lay out for a nap!

I cut a piece out of an old thermarest.

Honestly for the price you could buy a new one, cut it and then use the rest for a mat when your working in the garage, or the like.
1583435917881.png

View attachment 130046
Been using that style seat for years and they were great but planning on getting a z-pad and splitting it in half with my hunting partner. Just a little more cushion and the ability to lay out for a nap!
I've had one like this since I started Turkey hunting 20+ years ago. Mine just developed a hole. I didnt even know they still made them. They work great

I’ve been using a cheap Walmart foam seat pad. I slip it between the frame and bag of my pack and pull it out when I sit and glass. I put a couple small notches in it so it doesn’t interfere with the straps of my EXO pack. It’s out of the way and you don’t even know it’s there.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back