Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

SEALS on Public Land

Just glad the SEALs are out of harms way. Wouldnt want to interrupt the junkies. Western Washington is no joke, and their public parks are probably more dangerous than Fallujah circa ‘04.

#tacompton

What the heck is wrong with people - for some reason that one rubs me the wrong way more than most other stuff like this.

“Creepy,” huh? I dunno what to say, other than this is stranger than fiction. Defund the police, don’t let the Navy train here, and other increasingly common bizarre thought processes just defy logic and harken only to feelings

I guess I see it another way. The US military doesn't let residents of the state recreate on the land they designate for military training so why should the state let the military train on land they designate for residents to recreate on? It isn't like the US government doesn't have control of the use of any land in the state of Washington.

I guess I see it another way. The US military doesn't let residents of the state recreate on the land they designate for military training so why should the state let the military train on land they designate for residents to recreate on? It isn't like the US government doesn't have control of the use of any land in the state of Washington.
Speaking as someone who has never served but has the highest respect for those that did/do, I personally want our forces to be able to train wherever they get the best training, wherever that may be. It seems that the public sometimes forget the purpose of these guys and gals - they have deduced their lives to protecting ours (that means a lot of different things), but I am 100% for supporting them with what they need. I guess we are all lucky to live in a Country where we can have this conversation.

Not true. MANY military bases (Ft Campbell, AEDC, and others in our area) are open to public access for hunting and hiking, but you have to follow their rules and areas are subject to closure for training exercises at any time. The defense of the nation, and preparation for it, are more important than someone’s feelings or convenience.

Actually I think they should be allowed to train most anywhere where they don't interfere with public access or damage resources.
Yes, and it's been occurring in Montana for decades. I recall one winter when a special operations unit was training out of Ft Harrison during the winter. They had a week long exercise training on National Forest during subzero weather. Some nimrod alerted Lewis & Clark Sheriff about people at risk in the outdoors in cold weather. When the search & rescue arrived, the soldiers told them, "Hell no, we're not leaving! We haven't completed our training. Cold weather training? That's the whole point!"

Not widely known, Montana public areas have long been valuable training venues for special ops. At one time special ops UH-60 Blackhawk "black helicopters" landed in the old Montana Territorial Prison in Deer Lodge for a simulated extraction exercise.

I fully support military training on public lands. The unmistakable reverberation of helicopter rotor blades is the "sound of freedom" to my ears.

Not true. MANY military bases (Ft Campbell, AEDC, and others in our area) are open to public access for hunting and hiking, but you have to follow their rules and areas are subject to closure for training exercises at any time. The defense of the nation, and preparation for it, are more important than someone’s feelings or convenience.

Yakima Training Center allows limited hunting. I'd have guessed they'd have more of a problem with people flooding the park to see the training rather than avoiding the park because it's creepy. Didn't catch it in the article but I wonder if it's being appealed by the Navy?

The article does mention that there are plenty of other places for the SEALS to train and that they are now training in. They are not being kicked out of any parks that they already train in. The denial was for an expansion of the number of parks they can train in. The land is owned by the state and the state should regulate the use of the land in a manner that the citizens of the state desire. The over whelming number of comments on the proposal were against the military use so perhaps the state should not have granted the permit in the first place, unless there is some law requiring it. In this case there was apparently a law that the state ignored when issuing the permit. Thus, the Judge's order.

At first I thought that someone had just misidentified the Stone Glacier Boyz on their way to Gnarnia.
I just watched a couple Stone Glacier hunt videos the other night. Seeing this made me laugh. I love what they are doing with gear, but the social media culture is certainly a little unique......

All the homeless vets with PTSD live in the parks in western washington.

The seals go crawling out of the ocean and into those guys homes there is gonna be trouble.

Yes, and it's been occurring in Montana for decades. I recall one winter when a special operations unit was training out of Ft Harrison during the winter. They had a week long exercise training on National Forest during subzero weather. Some nimrod alerted Lewis & Clark Sheriff about people at risk in the outdoors in cold weather. When the search & rescue arrived, the soldiers told them, "Hell no, we're not leaving! We haven't completed our training. Cold weather training? That's the whole point!"

Not widely known, Montana public areas have long been valuable training venues for special ops. At one time special ops UH-60 Blackhawk "black helicopters" landed in the old Montana Territorial Prison in Deer Lodge for a simulated extraction exercise.

I fully support military training on public lands. The unmistakable reverberation of helicopter rotor blades is the "sound of freedom" to my ears.
My home county does a lot of military high altitude training, pretty common to see Chinooks flying over. Chatfield Lake in Denver has amphibious vehicle training during the week all the time.

Sure, if they were doing live fire or something… but this is just stupid.

I’m with you I love seeing those folks out.

I personally want our forces to be able to train wherever they get the best training, wherever that may be.
this sounds all right at face value, like something we could all support, and then I remember that the Air Force is constantly trying to take over and close off tens, if not hundreds of thousands of acres of public land in the desert southwest to add on to what is already an enormous amount of bombing range in the region that is inaccessible or highly restricted.

That said, the people trying to stop the SEALs in the park sound like Karens.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back