SD Non Res Archery Changes

blb078

Why should SD be so unique in what they offer? No other state allows what we do and making changes is in order. Don't like it? Hunt somewhere else. Or stay home and yell at your computer screen.

SD will still allow an OTC archery deer tag to non-residents with a little planning. Sorry we don't give you everything you believe we owe you. It is still a really nice opportunity.

In case you didn't notice the changes to deer hunting in SD involve residents as well and will into the future.
Wow, a little upset. The "don't like it, go hunt another somewhere else" comment possibly the most worn out comment on these forums. Maybe you missed this part of my post "They are caving to a group of residents who feel there are too many NR, which fine if you want less NR then do your share to make up for the loss income. " If R don't want NR to come to the state that's their choice and they vote for the officials that make that choice. But don't tell me one thing when it's pretty obvious it's another. As I stated be prepared to make up for that loss income, I'm sure you will be and even a small group of other people will too will be happy to do that but the majority will not. I also never said anything about SD owing me or anyone which you seem to come out of no where with that. If they really wanted to "manage the heard" they would start with the R and NR rifle tags which they did make changes to but not a reduction. But no them darn NR archery hunters are killing all the deer. I'm perfectly fine with change, reductions, price increases, etc, that's nothing new to me. Just don't lie to me about what the reason is and make it sound like I have it sooo good.

Last edited:

Keeptrying

Just so we are clear you can spend all the time you want on the public lands of SD year-round. There are just some limits on when you can kill deer on those lands. You can't kill elk either as a NR. Sorry.

I agree SDGFP is stupid. I dislike most of what they do. And they are doing a lot. Our deer drawing just turned upside down, and we now have to apply for access tags to Custer NF. Not to mention they cubed all of our points which basically shuts out every new person to the elk draw. That pisses me off. And they changed the archery deer dates?????!!?! WTF¿ Nobody wanted archery deer to start Sep 1 that I know. Puzzling that they do all of this stuff, but I think the loudest voices closest to them get heard.

But, SD is a great opportunity. Harding County and CNF are not the only places to go, there are a ton of options. Just look for the online Atlas and start zooming in.

Reactions: ZBB

ZBB

Just so we are clear you can spend all the time you want on the public lands of SD year-round. There are just some limits on when you can kill deer on those lands. You can't kill elk either as a NR. Sorry.

I agree SDGFP is stupid. I dislike most of what they do. And they are doing a lot. Our deer drawing just turned upside down, and we now have to apply for access tags to Custer NF. Not to mention they cubed all of our points which basically shuts out every new person to the elk draw. That pisses me off. And they changed the archery deer dates?????!!?! WTF¿ Nobody wanted archery deer to start Sep 1 that I know. Puzzling that they do all of this stuff, but I think the loudest voices closest to them get heard.

But, SD is a great opportunity. Harding County and CNF are not the only places to go, there are a ton of options. Just look for the online Atlas and start zooming in.
I figured they would start limiting the access passes for the CNF at some point.

I didn’t know anyone that wanted September 1st start dates either. Definitely not in the hill as that’s when the basically once in a lifetime elk tags start. And as I said before I never talked to anyone that complained about non residents, so I don’t even know where that came from. I’ve wanted to slap the snot out of more people with SD plates than anything else. It is dumb. Even dumber now that I’m a non resident haha

Zach