SD Black Hills Deer Application?

Trigger50

1st time applying for Black Hills deer. We have 5 NR pps. I have a question about the doe tag application. If we apply for the doe tag at the same time as we apply for the Any Whitetail tag does the doe tag application interfere with the Any Whitetail application? Do we wait for 2nd draw for doe tag application? Sorry..1st time apply for BH deer.

1st time applying for Black Hills deer. We have 5 NR pps. I have a question about the doe tag application. If we apply for the doe tag at the same time as we apply for the Any Whitetail tag does the doe tag application interfere with the Any Whitetail application? Do we wait for 2nd draw for doe tag application? Sorry..1st time apply for BH deer.
They have changed a lot in the application process, to make certain, you should email SDGFP directly! 5 pts should get you a wt tag!!

So...if I'm understanding this right? If I apply for the BH anterless tag at the same time as the any whitetail tag...the doe tag takes my pts? I think I'll call G&F tuesday.

I think you can choose to use preference for each individually. You do need to mark the Any whitetail as your first choice. Calling would be good but good luck getting through. I'm currently trying to change my choice for an east river tag and I cant figure it out. But its a simple system people tell me.

You have no chance to draw the BD113 doe tag as a 2nd choice. Residents and NR who applied as 1st choice didn't all draw. Everyone who applied with 1 or more points drew but only 247 out of 302 residents and 9 out of 62 NR drew with 0 points as 1st choice. The doe tag is not good for the whole unit, so even if you could draw you might have to move from where you were planning to hunt bucks.

The good news is: if apps stay about the same as last year, then you should have about an 84% chance to draw the BH111 any whitetail tag. I have the same number of points and have been considering the any whitetail tag as well. I'd much rather hunt mule deer, but it could be 10 plus years before I draw that tag depending on my luck.

You have no chance to draw the BD113 doe tag as a 2nd choice. Residents and NR who applied as 1st choice didn't all draw. Everyone who applied with 1 or more points drew but only 247 out of 302 residents and 9 out of 62 NR drew with 0 points as 1st choice. The doe tag is not good for the whole unit, so even if you could draw you might have to move from where you were planning to hunt bucks.

The good news is: if apps stay about the same as last year, then you should have about an 84% chance to draw the BH111 any whitetail tag. I have the same number of points and have been considering the any whitetail tag as well. I'd much rather hunt mule deer, but it could be 10 plus years before I draw that tag depending on my luck.
Thanks. So there's no way I can get an additional doe tag to go along w my buck tag?

Hey Trigger, if you decide to go this year let me know how it goes. I'm going to skip this year because I should draw CO elk. Next year looks slim for me unless I get lucky in a random draw somewhere. I might head up to the Black Hills next year for whitetails.

I did have success getting through to the license office and the nice lady did some checking and working with the techs? They managed to delete my East river application which then allowed me to reapply for the correct unit. Entirely my fault and glad they could help. I cant imagine I will be the only one that makes this error. I did call early this morning and the line was busy but the nice lady called me back within a few minutes. It took most of the day to get it worked out but all is well. Now, if I can just get some tag luck.

Just curious if anyone knows how bad the EHD was last season in the Hills? Considering applying this year if it wasn’t to bad.

They told me it was not an issue in the Hills. I personally did not see as many deer but they were there. Drought might have been more of an impact and there are some areas out there now that are below avg precip.

Just curious if anyone knows how bad the EHD was last season in the Hills? Considering applying this year if it wasn’t to bad.
Similar experience to Grizzly, above. One area we hunted in 2017 was almost void of deer this year, but no rhyme or reason as to why. Cattle, maybe. Muley population seemed ok, albeit more grouped up, but whitetails were down.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dalton14rocks
Back