MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Scouting question

Dicholscrn

Hello guys,

New to BIG game hunting but am going to begin this year (hopefully if I get drawn for a deer tag) and decided to ask a question or two if you dont mind.

Along with putting in for a deer tag I am going to get an OTC Archery Turkey tag to just spend more time out in the field to try and learn a thing or two. Firhure more time out the more I learn.

When you guys go scouting do you bring a side arm or any other weapon with you? What time of day and how long do you usually stay out?

Also, any advice on maybe the biggest thing to look for when scouting turkey?

Thanks in advance guys,

Ryan

Depends on where your hunting

Since it doesn't show where your from, there are a lot of areas in the US and Canada that wouldn't require the use are dragging along of a side arm when scouting... :)

Sorry. I forgot I never filled ot my profile. I have a cabin in the Heber/Overgaurd area in the White Mountains AZ.

Thanks,
Ryan

"Also, any advice on maybe the biggest thing to look for when scouting turkey?"

Turkeys are the biggest thing to look for.

I'd look for roost trees (usally large open limbs like those of a mature P. Pine), signs of feeding (scratching away pine needles), look for tracks near tanks, feathers, etc.

They arent too difficult to find.

Most of my scouting is going up to where I'm going to hunt and hike around. I generally will target shoot and carry a side arm due to the problems with cats and bears in the area.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mrturtle
Back