Scouting by drone

It is tempting to think that whether or not something is gulch, vs a coulee, vs a draw, is inherent to the physiography of that which is being described, but just as much, it is just a remnant of the culture of the namers. This was my thesis in relation to this map, and I believe it is correct.
How bout a plain old Arroya😂

Found a place in Arkansas, on almost 8 acres. Now my attention can start to go to relaxing in the out of doors.
Grats! Ground blind off fields or treed game paths are a blast! Able to set game cams to see what you have passin' through or /and you plan to sit and watch a day or two a week?

What type of hunting pressure and if pressure exists for 8 acres, might be fun to find the other(s) and enjoy breakfast... talk about plans, locations, etc. Rifle or archery can flip positioning dramatically!
Is this a managed property hunt where a great lead can open for introductions, etc?

Look forward to pics w or w/o harvest. Leave out the location crap no one wants that stuff anyhow. :)

Best to ya. "Out of doors" is mental healing from day one.

Grats! Ground blind off fields or treed game paths are a blast! Able to set game cams to see what you have passin' through or /and you plan to sit and watch a day or two a week?

What type of hunting pressure and if pressure exists for 8 acres, might be fun to find the other(s) and enjoy breakfast... talk about plans, locations, etc. Rifle or archery can flip positioning dramatically!
Is this a managed property hunt where a great lead can open for introductions, etc?

Look forward to pics w or w/o harvest. Leave out the location crap no one wants that stuff anyhow. :)

Best to ya. "Out of doors" is mental healing from day one.
Ok, 7 3/4 acres, nice ranch style home, big shop WITH A CONCRETE FLOOR, a nice sized pond, small orchard and a couple open acres. Shaped like a bow, the arch is a road and the straight is the start of Forrest. I like raising my own food, so gardens, still thinking bout livestock, but I do love to put up food. I believe I can set up a ground blind in the open area, set that area up as a food plot for targeted wildlife and keep my dogs off of that area. Thinking bout setting up a perminate campsite at the pond, kinda of a fish camp. Still need to find a land deal. Creating a place to vacation and living there. Should close end of September.

My plan was to find a place and be able to hunt on it. My neighbor has tagged out 2 years running on this place. I have a feeder out and plan to feed year round. I am adding alpha hay and a multi species protein block.

Going through my firearms, cleaning, repairing, reblueing and purchasing ammo

I told you before, what I thought was a pond, is actually a natural drainage field. There's a good layer clay under that area and today we see what it's gonna take to make a year-round pond.

From the pond soil, comes a range. I will use the soil from the pond, to build berns for the range.

Setting up raised beds and extending the orchard.

Canning, dehydration, drying and freezing equal a good amount of food freedom.

Thank you all for all your help, I should be able to hunt this year, anything after that is pure gravy.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Infraredice
Back