Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Score Masters

iminrut

OK....I'm not usually one who likes to get hooked on scores...too much.....but as I get closer to getting a chance at this buck, it really has me wondering what he may score.......

He's a main frame 5x5, with double drops and splits of both his G2 and G3 on the left beam.....and from everything I can see, his right main beam seems shorter than his left..........let me know what you all think his GROSS score may be ?!?!?

Montage.JPG

That's what I've been thinking now also....156-160.......the first pics I got of him, I would have swore his G2 tine length was in the 12"+ range and that his mains were longer......

Then I received the last batch of pics, including the top left one, and it really threw me off, and I realized that his 2s may only be in the 10" range and especially his right main seemd to be stubbed off shortly after his G4........my anticipations of a 170+ buck were then dashed as I retallied the numbers......

I wish I was in the position to allow this buck to go another year, but know full well that this buck will most likely meet his demise during rifle season without my assistance.........and really, how often does a guy see a double-drop buck ?!? And the posibility to harvest him with archery gear none the less........would I be nuts to hang an archery tag on this buck ?? I think not, LOL

I'd smoke him no doubt about it. He's just young, to bad he couldn't make it another year. His mains look pretty short, like 15-16" range, not much mass either. I agree his G2's are in the 10 and 11" range.

Why don't you shoot him so we can verify for sure though. :D

Good luck

He really reminds me of this buck I shot with bow 7 years ago......137" 5x5 with 10" g2s and 18" mains.........

Young_10_001.jpg

Young_10_002.jpg

I think he's a young buck too, but I'd definately take him given the chance. Neat looking buck.

I added up numbers and came to 136 gross typical, 15 inches non-typical, for 151 total. I may have gifted him a little, not sure. Should gross around 150 though, plus or minus 5.

Wish I knew how to judge white tails better. Not my best thing, how about I just say shooter!

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back