Scope recommendations for Christiansen Ridgeline 300 PRC

How do you feel about the eyebox on that thing? My observations have not been positive.
You mean relief? If so mine is a 1” scope and I don’t expect it to be as good as a larger 30mm. I have no qualms or complaints about it. I also run a VX5 and 3-15 and find it unnecessary. The VX3 is my bread and butter for clarity, magnification, and weight.

1/3 of the way through the barrel break-in (20 rounds). First impressions. Light guns kick harder, not unmanageable by any means but harder. The can did help keep target visible at 18 power so that’s a good thing. Swaro glass is nice but is it better than a vortex viper/razor or a leopold VX5? I couldn’t really see the difference today in fading light shooting into the sun. It’s shooting MOA groups at 200 but part of that is me with a bit of target panic I think so I expect that to tighten up. Will report back as I dig into it more. Was 6.8 LBS rifle, scope and rings.

Just bought a Trijicon credo HX for a hell of a deal of euro optics I’m really liking so far.

After initial break-in (50+ rounds) the groups have tightened up a bit to just a bit over 1/2MOA. The most notable difference is the POI change with suppressor vs. no suppressor. My Browning X-bold Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC with tapered barrel had a -3.5 MOA POI difference adding the suppressor. This gun had a 0-0.5 MOA POI change with/without (at 200 yds). I believe the difference to be the Carbon Barrel. Really improves my confidence when walking around with no suppressor being able to quickly pull up the gun and put a good shot on something.

After initial break-in (50+ rounds) the groups have tightened up a bit to just a bit over 1/2MOA. The most notable difference is the POI change with suppressor vs. no suppressor. My Browning X-bold Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC with tapered barrel had a -3.5 MOA POI difference adding the suppressor. This gun had a 0-0.5 MOA POI change with/without (at 200 yds). I believe the difference to be the Carbon Barrel. Really improves my confidence when walking around with no suppressor being able to quickly pull up the gun and put a good shot on something.
I’m impressed and now probably over optimistic about POI change when my van arrives. Hopefully I’ll have results similar to yours.

Back