Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Scope recommendations for Christiansen Ridgeline 300 PRC

How do you feel about the eyebox on that thing? My observations have not been positive.
You mean relief? If so mine is a 1” scope and I don’t expect it to be as good as a larger 30mm. I have no qualms or complaints about it. I also run a VX5 and 3-15 and find it unnecessary. The VX3 is my bread and butter for clarity, magnification, and weight.

1/3 of the way through the barrel break-in (20 rounds). First impressions. Light guns kick harder, not unmanageable by any means but harder. The can did help keep target visible at 18 power so that’s a good thing. Swaro glass is nice but is it better than a vortex viper/razor or a leopold VX5? I couldn’t really see the difference today in fading light shooting into the sun. It’s shooting MOA groups at 200 but part of that is me with a bit of target panic I think so I expect that to tighten up. Will report back as I dig into it more. Was 6.8 LBS rifle, scope and rings.

Just bought a Trijicon credo HX for a hell of a deal of euro optics I’m really liking so far.

After initial break-in (50+ rounds) the groups have tightened up a bit to just a bit over 1/2MOA. The most notable difference is the POI change with suppressor vs. no suppressor. My Browning X-bold Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC with tapered barrel had a -3.5 MOA POI difference adding the suppressor. This gun had a 0-0.5 MOA POI change with/without (at 200 yds). I believe the difference to be the Carbon Barrel. Really improves my confidence when walking around with no suppressor being able to quickly pull up the gun and put a good shot on something.

After initial break-in (50+ rounds) the groups have tightened up a bit to just a bit over 1/2MOA. The most notable difference is the POI change with suppressor vs. no suppressor. My Browning X-bold Hells Canyon Speed in 6.5 PRC with tapered barrel had a -3.5 MOA POI difference adding the suppressor. This gun had a 0-0.5 MOA POI change with/without (at 200 yds). I believe the difference to be the Carbon Barrel. Really improves my confidence when walking around with no suppressor being able to quickly pull up the gun and put a good shot on something.
I’m impressed and now probably over optimistic about POI change when my van arrives. Hopefully I’ll have results similar to yours.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back