SCOPE LEVEL?

antelopedundee

Never used one, but can someone explain the purpose of the small hole on this one? Almost looks to me like an alignment hole for a ring with an alignment pin.

vFJkaC3.jpg

No idea, but it's up on eBay.
They run the HME levels on Camofire, once in a while. $15. I have a couple laying around. I put levels on most of my rifles, even though I do not do lots of long range stuff. They will show how badly you cant your rifle, which is really only an issue at long range.

As stated it’s just esthetics and maybe to shave a little weight. That is a Holland level and a good choice for a level. Well made also and easy to install.

As stated it’s just esthetics and maybe to shave a little weight. That is a Holland level and a good choice for a level. Well made also and easy to install.

I'd think if weight saving was the goal, they'd remove more metal. Probably aluminum too I'd posit.

Last edited:
They are aluminum. I lightly lap them also so they don’t leave and marks on my scope tube.

I use a lapping bar of appropriate size and compound. You don’t necessarily need to lap. Just a personal preference of mine

What kind of problems? I’ve found them to be very helpful with longer shots especially when shooting from uneven terrain.

Couple of things, put holes in my cases from pulling the rifle in and out, and it constantly knocked my scope off as it essentially acted as a leveler to really torque my scope when I fell or otherwise bumped my rifle.

As far as during shooting scenarios it was great... I just didn’t find it to be backpack hunter friendly.

Gotcha. Those are some valid points. The Holland level above is pretty streamlined as far as fixed levels go.
I use Hawkins Hybrids rings now and they have a built in level in the top ring. Takes a little getting used to but the rings are awesome and super solid system.

Last edited:
Gotcha. Those are some valid points. The Holland level above is pretty streamlined as far as fixed levels go.
I use Hawkins Hybrids rings now and that have a built in level in the top ring. Takes a little getting used to but the rings are awesome and super solid system.

Yeah I’ve seen a couple other system ie hawkins that look great, the vortex level which is what I had didn’t work for me. I’m the bill dance of mountain hunting so others may not have the same problems.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jerrod12
Back