Yeti GOBOX Collection

SCOPE LEVEL?

I use a lapping bar of appropriate size and compound. You don’t necessarily need to lap. Just a personal preference of mine

From the heft they appear to be steel. Since you can't mount them like scope rings, I assume you just rub them back and forth on the bar.

Unfortunately I'd have to remove my scope to install it since I don't have high rings. Sighted in and ready to rumble so not gonna mess with it now.

There's a YouTube video on the THLR.NO channel that looks into this very thing. After watching that and looking into the vestibular system I have come to two conclusions:

1. If I'm hunting, a level is not necessary for the ranges I limit myself to as long as I can trust in my vestibular sense to reliably orient my scope to the world.

2. If I decide shoot out further and get a level, I need one that I can see while I'm in my firing position with a good sight picture on target.

Here's how I put mine on for a left hand bolt action. If you're using medium or lower rings you'll likely want to put the level on before you mount the scope. Also one of the best accessories one can obtain is to get a set of vise pads.

cVMmMJC.jpg

What does your process look like when getting ready to fire? Do you have to break your cheek weld to check your level?

It is mounted behind the turrets. Note the Remington bolt knob.

I would call that in front of the turrets as it will obscure your view of your parallax knob. Not a huge deal as the yardage markings don’t mean a whole lot most of the time anyways but I would move it the the objective side of the turrets. Also since you are a left handed shooter, I would flip it so the bubble is on the windage knob side. You should not have to break your cheek weld to check it. It’s very easy to shift your focus to check the level, then get back on target without moving your head

I would call that in front of the turrets as it will obscure your view of your parallax knob. Not a huge deal as the yardage markings don’t mean a whole lot most of the time anyways but I would move it the the objective side of the turrets. Also since you are a left handed shooter, I would flip it so the bubble is on the windage knob side. You should not have to break your cheek weld to check it. It’s very easy to shift your focus to check the level, then get back on target without moving your head

No room on objective side since I need it as far back as I can get it for ER. For parallax they say turn until focus is clear so settings on knob don't matter. I can try it with bubble on either side.

Back