Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Scope for Seekins Precision PH2 7mm Rem Mag

WVmike

I just put a Seekins ph2 in 7mm Rem Mag on layaway and I’m deciding on what optic to put on it. I like leupold, having a 3.5-10x40 on my Rem 700 .308 and would like to have another one. I’m not a huge fan of vortex or athlon optics. I wouldn’t mind a trijicon ascent or vx3 or even a under $600 zeiss either. I’ll be using the rifle from 100 to 500 yards or further, terrain permitting. I don’t like big huge objective scope like 50mm or bigger, being that you don’t get quite as good cheek weld. I primarily hunt in WV where the longest shot may be 500 but I will be hunting elk in the future in Colorado and Montana as well. Any opinions would be appreciated.

I have several vx3’s and love them, they will absolutely do what you need. You ponied up for a nice rifle so do the same with the glass, hit up schmalts and get a vx5 if you want to stick with Leupold.

I liked my last Zeiss fine but I wouldn’t put it above a vx5. I sold it to order another Swarovski, performance wise it’s probably not an upgrade but the glass is stellar.

In that price range, I would look at either a Trijicon or an SWFA HD 3-9.

In that price range, I would look at either a Trijicon or an SWFA HD 3-9.
I have used my SWFA 3-9 on rocks out to over 1100 yards. The farthest I have used it on an animal was 417 yards but I am confident I would not have had any trouble quite a ways farther.

At $869 (our price at Scheels) you can get into a Swaro Z3 3x10x42 with a 1 in tube. Light, compact and impeccable glass. Austrian glass assembled in the USA and great value. If you have a chance you should go somewhere you can compare at the same time/light conditions.

I will be putting a Z5i on my soon to be here PH2!!!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back