School me on gps collars

i like the 100 w/ tt15 and mini15. I got the collars to keep track of the dogs while trail riding with the horses, if our GSP pup turns out to have some drive to hunt we will use it there too. they are also nice for tracking members of your hunting party, deer season i threw a collar in dad's backpack to keep track of him and worked like a charm, lost signal a few times but when it counted i could tell the leader of the group that dad was going out the top looked like he was on a trail.

i think the handheld is good enough to get you back to the truck if thats what you need a handheld for, but i think the phone screen is easier to deal with, get a portable power pack to recharge the phone in the field and carry both.

The Garmin Alpha Tt15 is a great setup if you are interested in track and train. You can also run the t10 with just tracking ability. The Garmin Astro series are in my opinion a lot simpler to use with just the tracking capabilities. I’ve ran the Alpha with no issues other then the screen on the handheld.

I have been using the Garmin Alpha 100 tts15 for a while. After all the investment in my dog it was one of the best pieces of insurance I bought. I wouldn't hunt my dog without it.

I have the Garmin Alpha 100 with 2 TT15 mini track and train collars for my two beagles. They work great and are very reliable. It’s got more features than I know what to do with. I’d recommend a gps collar for anyone that runs dogs.

-Z

I bought Aorkuler dog GPS tracker five months ago, much cheaper than Garmin and also works where there is no cellular signal, so far it works great.

Back