PEAX Equipment

Scholarship For Orca Lover

Hunterman

Lastnight our very own Orca Lover had her Upward Bound (pre callege work shop) banquet...Well much to our surprise Lindsey won herself a $500.00scholarship to the school of her choice :D ...Only 2 of the top awards were given out...

Lady Nutcracker,me and her sisters are realy proud of her :D for all her hard work she has done in school hump

Hunterman(Tony)

Considering the rising costs of tuition, books, housing, meals, etc., any little bit helps although it doesn't seem like it goes very far!! Congrats on the scholarship. Well done!

Way to go, Baby sister. I am so very proud of you. Looks like one of us finally made college a little cheaper for our dear ol' dad. You actually followed dad advice without even knowing it. Jason and I are very proud of your acomplishment.

Thanks guys. In Upward Bound, only two seniors were given the scholarship, one from each district.The other girl who got it has had some really hard times in the last few years but she did all that she could do to get into college and make her life better. She didnt get accepted to her top choice school, but she is planning to transfer into it after doing a year at a community college. I am not sure if I am going to transfer to a four year for business or just stick with what I get at a community college... either way, it will help with books and fees.
Jay Bird (aka, my oldest sister/her boyfriend), I applied for about 15 scholarships through the snail mail and as many as I could find online. This is the only one I have recieved so far. See y'all before the rodeo if you ever make it here!!!

Awesome girl! Doesn't surprise me a bit. Hunterman has got some together girls.

Having a daughter in college I know firsthand how hard sholarships are to come by. It's a very competitive honor. Kudos on your award & best of luck. It's nice to see such conscientious young peoplw on this board.

That's spectacular. The one thing you'll never regret is lots and lots of school. Keep up the good work.

:cool:

With any luck, you will get a response on those others you sent out for. I may be mistaken, but, you can use more than one scholarship if you get it right?

There was a guy a few years back who paid his entire tuition on scholarships and most of them were no name ones that nobody knew about. That guy has since started a website that is like Google for scholarships, it is www.fastweb.com , sign your kids or grandkids up for it and MAKE THEM check it often.
This is looking like the only scholarship that I am going to have. I also have applied for financial aid and I have had pretty good offers on that so far. For example, California Lutheran University has a yearly tuition of $32,000 and I was given a financial aid offer of $23,000.... I would only have to pay $9,000 a year to go to a private school in Southern California.
FAFSA and scholarships are a parents best friend when it comes to college.

FAFSA and scholarships are a parents best friend when it comes to college.
Don't forget the subsidized Stafford Loans! They don't start accruing interest until 6mos after you finish school.

CLU sounds a bit like the school I went to, expensive as heck but with the scholarships/financial aid it was close to the same price as a larger, public school (but they would have had girls!). Money spent on education is never wasted IMO, and I'm a BIG believer in the smaller, private schools for undergraduate work.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back