Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Schnees customer service

I had a ladies pair whatever schnees boot. Wore them for around 6 days during rifle. My feet were wet the whole time. I sent them back and they said I had sat to close to a fire or something. They refunded the whole purchase and I bought a mystery ranch pack instead. The boots suck. It's nice they refunded my purchase.

I'm on my 3rd set of timberlines in 4 years. They've all be replaced due to leaking. I spent around 3 hours yesterday tromping around in the rain and they're leaking again.....the right one much worse than the left. I feel like their customer service has been top notch, but their membrane material should probably be relegated for use in screen doors.

They fit me really well and I want to like the boot, but at this point I wouldn't trust them to go on a long hunt and potentially have wet feet for a week because it rained on the first day.
Just got done with my new ones on a hunt this weekend and they leaked through first day. I agree screen door material.

Just wanted to update this. I just received my 4th set of Timberlines in as many years. They're a comfortable boot for me and hopefully I'll find of that this set is still waterproof after a year. I do have some salewa raven 3s coming as another option.

In my experience schnees has done a fantastic job with customer service. It's the waterproof membranes in their boots that have not done well for me.

Mine soaked through two weeks ago when hunting in rain. I retreated them. Hopefully it does the trick. Fwiw, I'm diligent about treating them regularly.

I don't trust the membrane. I'm counting on the leather to keep the wet out.

Update:
Scouted/hunted Friday-Sunday in an area that had a little snow and some frozen rain on the grass. Sun came out each afternoon and it got to about 28 no clouds. Enough to melt some snow and ice. My boots were soaked each day. Don't know what changed between now and a few weeks ago? Pretty bummed about that.

I went through 3 pairs that leaked within a year of use. Every time they were nice to work with. They eventually changed from gotetex to a different liner and the 4th pair has been solid through heavy use over the last 3 years. I had a good experience but I’m also fortunate to be in Bozeman so I can just drive to the store. I really like the way they fit my feet so I’m willing to deal with the warranty process as long as they continue to stand behind their product. Had a pair of Zamberlans that leaked day one and didn’t hear anything from their customer service.

I have used Obenaufs on them to keep the leather conditioned and that has worked really well. That my help with the waterproofness as well. I cannot say enough about my boots, I think they may be my most comfy footwear.

I have used Obenaufs on them to keep the leather conditioned and that has worked really well. That my help with the waterproofness as well. I cannot say enough about my boots, I think they may be my most comfy footwear.
They are definitely great boots, just not waterproof. Keeping them treated helps, but thick underbrush has a way of removing that stuff pretty quick I have noticed

I have 3 pairs that are totally waterproof. 1 from 2008, 1 from 2016, and one from 2020. The oldest 2 pairs have seen extensive, hard use. The third pair is in its infancy. I am hopeful that my experience is the norm and yours is the outlier!

Tried them once.... not impressed. Went back to my combat boots from 2010.

after 12 years I finally needed to get some repair work done on my Danners to fix some of the stitching by the laces. I strongly suggest https://cartersboots.com/ in Bozeman, 15 bucks and I'm ready to roll. I will be using them in the future. Going to try an get 20 years on these boots.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back