Schmalts warning!!

N2TRKYS

If you want the run around on a price and slow shipping, do not deal with Schmalts. Lol

I hit him up for a price on a scope. He responded back within no time with a great price. It seemed like I had the scope in hand before my money cleared. 😂

Great doing business with you, as always.

Scan History​

DateTimeLocationStatus
December 11, 202023:21WAITE PARK MN DISTRIBUTION CENTERARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL DESTINATION FACILITY
December 11, 202013:25MINNEAPOLIS MN DISTRIBUTION CENTERARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL DESTINATION FACILITY
December 10, 2020IN TRANSIT TO NEXT FACILITY
December 9, 202017:38OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTERARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL ORIGIN FACILITY
December 4, 202017:02BUTLER,WI,53007DEPARTED POST OFFICE
December 4, 202015:30BUTLER,WI,53007USPS IN POSSESSION OF ITEM
December 3, 202022:31HARTLAND,WI,53029SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM

I usually had great results with shipping from Pat. But this spotting scope body will be obsolete when it gets to me (joking) Still a day away at least. NOT Pat fault either....I will still buy stuff from him!!!!

Placed an order earlier this week and it's here already. Coulda been here last night for all I know. Pretty dang good service considering the delays due to volume and/or worker shortage.

Interesting comment about the USPS borrowed from a poster on another board. I believe that he is in South Carolina

"I was quietly told what is happening here after trying to track down a lost package. Half of the staff (mail processors) at my post office quit, as well as the local distribution center. The few newbies they hire, either dont last or two new to handle the work load affectively. Bins, upon bins of mail , packages are just left sitting in the back at various locations, and are processed when they can, no rush to do so, and with christmas load, it has made it far worse."

Scan History​

DateTimeLocationStatus
December 11, 202023:21WAITE PARK MN DISTRIBUTION CENTERARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL DESTINATION FACILITY
December 11, 202013:25MINNEAPOLIS MN DISTRIBUTION CENTERARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL DESTINATION FACILITY
December 9, 202017:38OAK CREEK WI DISTRIBUTION CENTERARRIVED AT USPS REGIONAL ORIGIN FACILITY
December 3, 202022:31HARTLAND,WI,53029SHIPPING LABEL CREATED, USPS AWAITING ITEM

I usually had great results with shipping from Pat. But this spotting scope body will be obsolete when it gets to me (joking) Still a day away at least. NOT Pat fault either....I will still buy stuff from him!!!!
Shitty postal service. I got my spotting scope body today...December 12 and it was mailed by Pat using 3 day priority mail. What a joke the postal service is

Shitty postal service. I got my spotting scope body today...December 12 and it was mailed by Pat using 3 day priority mail. What a joke the postal service is

Other people are waiting a hell of a lot longer than you had to and they have no idea in which pile in which PO their stuff is.

You want to see a real bad company performance?? Look at the USPS lately as some have pointed out. Oak purchased some binos from me and I slapped on a USPS priority mail 3 day label..... They got it to him 12 days later and the tracking still showed "label created and not given to post office yet" Yep, not my fault, i have no control over what the shippers are doing. I had a guy buy a VX-5 shipped with fedex. I requested signature (paid for it too) because the guy did not want to buy insurance. Scope went missing. Fedex tracking said it was delivered and signed for. I requested a copy of the signature and it was C-19...... yep, covid-19 meaning the driver decided it was too risky to do his job. The scope did not show, and I had to break it to the guy he was SOL without insurance because I am not liable for loss or porch pirates. Well.... his VX-5 showed up 6 weeks later on his doorstep. Moral to the story, ask for insurance if it is a costly item because at least the shipping company is more likely to ring your doorbell and get a signature like they should. Since that fedex mishap I have been making a point to give people the option for insurance on anything over 300.00 as a safety net. I do a little with UPS and it seems they are about the best lately but I am sure there is horror stories as well. All the really bad delays started right after black friday, go figure

Last edited:
We waste billions annually on the USPS.
A perfect example of a federal agency to privatize/abolish or atleast downsize.
I can see the use maybe in rural areas but there just is no need for the vast majority of America to pay the government to be inefficient couriers in 2020.

FedEx and UPS both turn a profit and have much better customer service

Scan History​

DateTimeLocationStatus

That is pathetic being one state away....... I see no end in the madness until after Christmas.

yup. You paid for 3 day priority mail and it takes 11 working days. Terrible service from the post office no matter what time of year

I’ve had a great experience buying from Schmalts. I’m always tempted to send more people his way but always forget to ask if that’s kosher or if this is a just a perk of being here at HuntTalk? What says you Schmalts?

Back