Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

SB 442 - Habitat and Access

Third reading today. We're #29 on the docket. If it passes the House, we have to go back to the senate for a concur or do not concur vote because of the House amendment.

It was "panda watch" intense yesterday before the festivities in the House gallery popped up, and the budget barely passed second reading 28-22. We're in session until the bitter end, which should be the end of next week.

I need a nap already.

Third reading today. We're #29 on the docket. If it passes the House, we have to go back to the senate for a concur or do not concur vote because of the House amendment.

It was "panda watch" intense yesterday before the festivities in the House gallery popped up, and the budget barely passed second reading 28-22. We're in session until the bitter end, which should be the end of next week.

I need a nap already.
Sorry if I missed it, but what was the amendment that was added in the house?

I need a nap already.

Appreciate the updates and guidance for those just sitting at a computer, and of course all your work.

Sorry if I missed it, but what was the amendment that was added in the house?

The amendment added to the House was to clear up an issue relative to "loss of control" that FWP brought up. The WHIP program utilizes $2 million per biennium of Pittman/Robertson dollars so we added an amendment to fix that issue. A good amendment.

Keep the pressure up. Hearing that some are pushing hard to tank the bill on third reading today.

And floor has been cancelled in the house because of the events of yesterday.

Keep the pressure on, and make sure the governor knows you support sb442!

The Senate will be voting on concurrence late this morning or early this afternoon with the House amendments (good amendments) today.

The Governor is threatening a veto of the bill.

Please take some time to reach out to your state senator this morning and ask them to get this over the finish line, and show that Montanans support investing in our rural infrastructure, our veterans, our families with addiction issues and our wildlife habitat.

The Senate will be voting on concurrence late this morning or early this afternoon with the House amendments (good amendments) today.

Please take some time to reach out to your state senator this morning and ask them to get this over the finish line, and show that Montanans support investing in our rural infrastructure, our veterans, our families with addiction issues and our wildlife habitat.

I can’t believe he would veto this. Seems like that would be a very unpopular move. Do you think he’s bluffing?

There’s been enough votes in both chambers to override a veto on this. Is that even likely if it comes to it?

I can’t believe he would veto this. Seems like that would be a very unpopular move. Do you think he’s bluffing?

I hope he signs it. It's good policy & good politics. It invests in all of us.

I wouldn't hazard a guess on the vote count on an override. But if it gets vetoed, I would imagine Senator Lang will call the question.

Concurred 48-2.

Third reading Monday and then on to the Governor.

Please start calling and emailing the Governor's office and ask them to sign SB 442
If I'm being completely honest, I kinda hope that he vetoes it. I'd like to think it would severely compromise his re-election efforts. Could be a win/win if the veto then gets overturned.

Last edited:
If I'm being completely honest, I kinda hope that he vetoes it. I'd like to think it would severely compromise his re-election efforts. Could be a win/win if it's the veto then gets overturned.
Compromise his re election against who Knudsen? I don’t see GG losing to someone on the other side of the isle for a re election.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back