Saw 3 geese today...

ZAMBONIMAN

I saw three honkers on the way to Fargo this morning, seems they're a bit early. Not a whole lot of open water around, but it has been nice and alot of the snow on the fields is melting. Hopefully they can find enough food to sustain themselves for at least another month-and-a half until the lakes start opening up. There is still more than two feet of ice on most of the lakes around here. Would love to see some snows come this way, I can hear the Super X2 whining in the safe!!

LOL...... We have to Wait about another 7 months to break our shot guns out. But seeing alot of Geese this year for sure !!

I saw another big Canadien this morning bringing the little guy to school. I think these birds must have been into some seriously fermented corn fields down south to be up here this early. It was snowing hard this morning for about an hour, long range forecast is highs in the 20's. Don't think any ice will be melting any too soon..

I saw these two with another one last week. They said something about heading to NoDak. Probably the same ones you saw. BTW, Canadas. :D
P1060349.JPG

Things are opening up around here. Probably saw 1,000 geese while out today. I guess winter is over on the HiLine. :eek:

zamboni, there are a few geese that stick around town all winter long. Parts of teh river never freeze and I don't think the ponds out at the sugarbeet plant ever freeze. That and it seems like they are getting hardier and hardier every year. We have been seeing geese roosting on frozen lakes for days at a time after everything is frozen up. There is just so much food since a majority of ND corn didn't go to harvest that some just never left. I heard that at one of the refuges in the state a couple of thousand honks stayed all winter long. When I went fishing on Audobon last week I saw around 10k north of Bismarck.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back