MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

savage vs howa

I don't think you can go wrong with either, but I prefer the feel and ergonmics of a Howa over the Savage. I would second the idea of a Rem 700 SPS. It leaves alot more room for upgrades and the one I bought over the winter shoots pretty darn well.

I am looking at a new rifle as well and I will be buying a savage. The accuracy is great and lots of accessories out there for them. The only gripe you often see id the "clunky" looks or feels from them. Not many complain about the accuracy. Floated bolt so you dont have to tune it, easy to switch out bolt handle if you want a bigger one, no need for a gun smith for changing out barrels if you so desire. Really, most anything that you want to do on a savage you can do yourself.

Savage. Very accurate out of the box...as for the Nikon scope that comes on it, Nikon is good glass for the price. It's been around for a while too.

Depends on what Savage your comparing to the Howa. I have a 114 stainless which I've added a Hogue Overmold to in 30-06. It has the stock Howa uses and I believe the 114 w/accutrigger trumps the Howa. I may be a lil biased but I'm american!!!

Back