Caribou Gear Tarp

Savage model 111

I have a 112 and a 111 with the accutriggers. Great rifles in MHO. No issues.

Picked up a used one today ,left hand with Nikon scope. Probably will sell the scope and go for one of my Leupolds.

When I get a chance ,I need to try and adjust the Accutrigger.Seems a little heavy to me.

I bought one last year in .30-06, rebarreled it in .338-06 using a Shaw kit from Brownell's (easiest rebarrel ever). Good shooter and the Accutrigger is nice once you get used to it. I had to fill the plastic stock with spray foam to quiet it a bit.

Mine is a Stevens 200 in 270, made from Savage's older parts. My only upgrade is Timney trigger. It's plain Jane, weighs under 7 lb w Leupold 2.5x8, and shoots various factory ammo MOA. It carries and shoots like a dream. I grab my heavy Mark X in 7 RM less and less since getting the Stevens.

I was looking for a truck gun and this will fit the need. Plan on putting on a VX I Leupold either 3-9x40 or 2-7x33.Also use for elk hunting this year once I find a load it likes.Always have liked the Savage line of rifles.

I had to put a scope rail on it for my VX2 because of the way the scope fit didn't line up to the way the bases were to the rifle on my 111.

I own several savage rifles and love them. My favorite is my 7mm model 116 with the accu trigger and accu stock. The load I use is 63 gr of IMR 4831 topped by a 160 gr Nosler Partition bullet. Have used this load for 40 years and it has always worked for me, even have killed 2 moose with it. Savages tend to be very accurate.

I traded a crossbow for the 111 in .270, never had an issue. I sold it to a buddy and he still uses it with zero issues.

I've got one in 30'06 and it's never had an issue. Great gun s for the money.

This rifle I bought is a newer model. I have a used Leupold VX I that is going on it soon.Also thinking of doing a paint job on the stock,just deciding the camo pattern I want.Ihave camo painted several rifle stocks.

Last edited:
Back