Savage 22 High Power

Rooster52

I just purchased a Savage model 1899 in 22 High Power. Anyone know where I can find ammo for this gun?

you might be able to reload for it, a 22 high power is a 30-30win necked down to a 22 cal. check midwayUSA, they would have it if anyone would.

you might be able to reload for it, a 22 high power is a 30-30win necked down to a 22 cal. check midwayUSA, they would have it if anyone would.
While this is mostly true, be aware that it uses .228" bullets and not .224".

Ammo's probably gonna be hard to find, but components not so bad. I would use this as the perfect excuse to take up handloading if you don't already.

Seems like you get a new gun every week Rooster.. I'd like to see some photos of your collection some day.

Shot my first deer with a Savage 99 in 22HP. My Dad's gun. He still has it, says over the years it brought down many a deer, antelope, and even a good number of elk.

Seems like you get a new gun week Rooster.. I'd like to see some photos of your collection some day.

Yes I do have a bunch I don't know maybe 75 to 80. Too many to photograph. I have 3 gun safes Fall some were my father's and some my father in laws and the others I have bought myself.I wil try to postsome photos sometime.

Last edited:

My newest purchase. Savage 1899 in 22 High Power. Made in 1917. !

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back