Satin stainless vs cerakote

cahunter805

Vikings
If you have some stainless rifles already I’d say cerakote it and the possibilities are endless especially if you order a McMillan or Manners stock. They have many color combos to choose from in their lineup.
Here are just a few of mine and my brothers rifles we have coated over the past few years.

Attachments

tzone

So, working up specs for a custom rifle. My opening assumption is I would go stainless steel action, bolt, bolt knob, picatinny rail and barrel and thread protector. I would have “satin”/bead blasted to take the shine off. But now I am also considering cerakoting the whole barrel/action/rail setup. Any thoughts, preferences, considerations or pictures that will help me along the decision process?

EDIT: - Also will add, this is primarily going to be a hunting rifle if that matters to anyone.

Why don't you cerakote the stainless. IMO it would be silly to not get a stainless on a custom. But that's just me.

noharleyyet

I think some of the cera combos have a certain cool factor, but after having done one I'm back in the blue or satin camp...the edge going to satin for the worker tools.

cahunter805

Hawkins Hybrid 1pc rings are all I run now. They are rock solid and extremely well made. If going custom action they can be pinned also.