Sarcocystis in Game Animals

I was not able to use my elk and deer tags. The tornadoes and rain south of Gillette took out the main road onto the lease we were hunting on. I donated those tags and have not heard from the wounded warriors who got them.

As for antelope? I got two nice does but being by myself no pics. I still got a leftover doe and type 1 any antelope tag to fill and after a big one on base that I have been unable to get close enough for my bow. Does and young bucks I get within 30 yards easy.

I have never taken a lot of pictures even trophy size. So no pics. I have been hunting for 50 years and very few pictures. Maybe I will do some this year. I got until Dec 31 to fill the two remaining antelope tags.

Now we are getting off topic including my last post. Diseases in wildlife are important subject and important to public land hunting which is what Randy wants this forum to focus on. I will always have to deal with naysayers and people who want to discount what I have to say. But you know what, that is fine with me. But I challenge people who disagree with what I post on safe handling of meat and wildlife diseases to support their argument against. Simply saying you disagree or you don't do that yourself is not enough. The more you mix domestic livestock and wildlife together, the more prevalent some of these are going to become. Back on topic. Posting off topic to me is just an admission you have nothing to offer.

I shot a mallard last year that was full of that. I don't know if it's the same but salmon can have something similiar. I tossed the duck.

Perhaps I could be out of line, but I will have to research her posts to be sure. There are a number of members that have over 1000 posts too, but all I see them post is "Welcome to HT" even when it is not one of those "Introduce Yourself" posts.

:LOL: Yes, please research ALL historical posts by Hunting Wife to determine how many of her 1,200+ contributions to this forum should be considered substantive or not. Tabulate the data, by date and by subject, so it is easily searchable and we can all do a peer review for the veracity of your determination of whether her posts qualify as simply a "Welcome to Hunt Talk" (hereafter referred to as a "WTHT") post or as something more in-depth. If it is found that her WTHTs exceed the difference between your total posts and the number of her "substantive" posts, we will deem you "Internet Expert on Sarcocystis" and lord over all of us, and Hunting Wife will have to donate all of her recently harvested (by the way, congrats HW on the great bull!) elk meat to............me

I have seen it in elk, deer, geese and rabbits. I tossed them all myself. I don't care what G&F says about it not being infectious to humans. I have been sick one too many after being exposed to it so I speak from personal experience. The last time was diagnosed via a stool sample the doctor ordered after I had symptoms last more than a week.

Back