Santa Came a little early...

Beautiful rig. We had a range day with Seekins last spring prior to us opening. We shot every platform they have and EVERY rifle was outstanding. Congratulations on a great set up!!!

Excellent rifle! Great choice of ammo to feed it also. I bet it shoots well and kills will be plentiful even with “target” bullets🤣.

Maybe the Element version, with a S&B on top? and seekins rings? Maybe in 6.5PRC? :D

After having a 5ish pound rifle (Kimber Mountain Ascent), I decided it was a touch light for my tastes. The extra pound is about perfect for me. I feel like I am a decent marksman, but shooting those real light buggers is not very forgiving…

I kicked around the PRC, but felt like then I would need a reloading setup, and I am not quite ready for that yet…

SO I decided the Medium Mark 4 rings need to go, but I wanted to screw around with the rifle a little over the weekend. I did a quick zero and then banged some steel with some Hornady Black 175 A-max). Here is a pic of the zero target (up adjustments after each of the first 2 rounds and then sent the last 3 in the magazine. I was shooting in single digits during a snow storm, so if this is any indicator, I think I am goign to be really happy with this thing....

image_67510529.JPG

SO I decided the Medium Mark 4 rings need to go, but I wanted to screw around with the rifle a little over the weekend. I did a quick zero and then banged some steel with some Hornady Black 175 A-max). Here is a pic of the zero target (up adjustments after each of the first 2 rounds and then sent the last 3 in the magazine. I was shooting in single digits during a snow storm, so if this is any indicator, I think I am goign to be really happy with this thing....

View attachment 206909

What rings are you switching to?

What rings are you switching to?

I am dropping down to lows. I am considering going with the Mark 4s again or maybe Seekins (if they were to come back in stock). It shoots well enough to ring steel out to 400 now, so I am in no real hurry. I am considering swapping on 0 MOA rail to further lower the eyepiece. I like my scope mounted low to get a more solid cheek weld, and I don't need the extra come-ups. The adjustment in the scope alone gets me to 900yds; which is plenty by itself. The 20MOA rail would extend it to 1200, but also puts my head in a les stable position on the gun, so I would rather not have it.

Also, you can remove the Timney and put in a Trigger Tech Diamond, mine is on the way. Your rifle has the new bolt so the diamond trigger will drop right in.

View attachment 206909
Thats a nice shooter.

I am dropping down to lows. I am considering going with the Mark 4s again or maybe Seekins (if they were to come back in stock). It shoots well enough to ring steel out to 400 now, so I am in no real hurry. I am considering swapping on 0 MOA rail to further lower the eyepiece. I like my scope mounted low to get a more solid cheek weld, and I don't need the extra come-ups. The adjustment in the scope alone gets me to 900yds; which is plenty by itself. The 20MOA rail would extend it to 1200, but also puts my head in a les stable position on the gun, so I would rather not have it.

Sounds like a good plan! Hawkins precision makes some very nice rings also.
Although seekins rings on a seekins rifle just has a nice ring to it!😁

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back