Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Santa Came a little early...

It’s 6.5 prc. I’m going to get the papers going for a AB suppressor 6 spiral Raptor. Will add 5” to barrel length. Should be perfect. If only I could find a keg of RL26

Those licorice stick barrels are growing on me. Good looking rifles fellas.

Last edited:
And a shitty 2.75lb trigger. The Diamond is on the way. I’ve never had a rifle that did that well with factory ammo from the get go

Nice rifle Ross, the Seekins setups have had my eye for a while and I had components for a similar build in 6.5 PRC. They're with Eddie Fosnaugh in Michigan, just waiting my turn on the lathe.

I’ve been debating between the seekins or a Springfield waypoint

First impressions of seekins is unbeatable. I’ve had piles of friends tell me you need one from this gunsmith that gunsmith totally the best.. blah blah. If factory ammo gives me 1/2” reloading will be beyond my abilities as a shooter. 1/2 the price of a solid custom rifle. I’ve pulled it apart a half dozen times in the last 2 weeks it’s built with terrific quality. But I’ve never seen the Springfield..

Nice rifle Ross, the Seekins setups have had my eye for a while and I had components for a similar build in 6.5 PRC. They're with Eddie Fosnaugh in Michigan, just waiting my turn on the lathe.

If your rifle shoots anything like this one you are going to be super happy. I will be honest, I had been shying away from the vertical grip, as I prefer the way a tradition grip points, probably due to all of the wing-shooting I have done. However, I am loving this thing. What kind of stock are you putting on your build? If you haven't considered a Manners EH-1, I would, it is real close to what's on mine....

I had it out again the other day. Rang a piece of 8" steel at 400 a bunch of times. It was -15, and watching the vapor trails arch out there was awesome. It wasn't a great shooting position (standing hunched over behind the rifle), due to a bunch of snow on the ground preventing me from shooting prone, but it obviously got the job done.... (you obviously cant see the target, but you can follow the snowshoe tracks out to the tree line and that's where it is)

Seekins Snow.jpg

I’ve been debating between the seekins or a Springfield waypoint

FWIW, I handled both, I liked the Seekins better. The Springfield felt more blocky. I also preferred a company that specialized in precision rifles, not one that specializes in pistols and battle rifles trying to pry there way into a new market...

I also liked calling out to Seekins and talking with people that all work in the building my rifle was made in. They clearly know what they are talking about...

If your rifle shoots anything like this one you are going to be super happy. I will be honest, I had been shying away from the vertical grip, as I prefer the way a tradition grip points, probably due to all of the wing-shooting I have done. However, I am loving this thing. What kind of stock are you putting on your build? If you haven't considered a Manners EH-1, I would, it is real close to what's on mine....

I had it out again the other day. Rang a piece of 8" steel at 400 a bunch of times. It was -15, and watching the vapor trails arch out there was awesome. It wasn't a great shooting position (standing hunched over behind the rifle), due to a bunch of snow on the ground preventing me from shooting prone, but it obviously got the job done.... (you obviously cant see the target, but you can follow the snowshoe tracks out to the tree line and that's where it is)
I had a Remington TI in 300SAUM that had been sitting in the safe so I was going to use the McMillian that came with it and keep it pretty cost effective. I like the manners, my buddy put one on his Tikka and I got to shoot it side by side with a factory and it was night and day. I have been afraid to go to the vertical grip as I don't want go thinking I need to swap out everything if I really like it that much LOL.

Dang it. I was looking into these toward the end before I selected my 700 awr. While I like my rifle and it shoots well, I’m having a bit of regret not spending the extra $600ish and buying one of these. Maybe down the road I can get one.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back