Sanity found ......... at least for a little while

fishing4sanity

One of the companies we do business with lined up a customer appreciation fishing trip earlier this week. I was planning on sending two of my sons on the trip; all along they were planning on one of them backing out at the last minute and making me go (plus some of the things going on at work they're better at than me). So, at the last minute I threw some stuff together and headed for the Upper Columbia river for a couple of days of trout fishing with one of my sons. I had never been on this area of the Columbia and it was interesting enough and beautiful enough to have been worth the trip without fishing, but come on, everything's better with fishing involved. We had to 'rough it' in a cabin right on the river's edge and had someone else cooking great meals for us as well. The weather was too hot and the fishing suffered because of it, but it had been close to three years since I last fished and held a trout - it was heaven on earth for two days and nice to get reacquainted with peace & sanity. The only down side to the trip was how hard it was to get up early and head to work instead of the river once I was back home.

I may not be able to spell 'serenity' without a dictionary, but I know it when I see it!
UpperColumbia1.jpg

IMG_2639.jpg

We were fishing from the Canadian border & downstream for about 12 miles. The rocks in the background are in Canada.
IMG_2647.jpg

I wish this was the view from my room at home.
IMG_2636.jpg

A view to dream about.
UpperColumbia2.jpg

Looks like a great trip. I could see how getting up to go back to work could be difficult. Great views all around.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back