MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Same day Ground Blind setup advice...

lifesupport4u

Found a handful of bucks watering today. Tried to spot and stock and got to 90 yards, but no luck closing the distance to within my comfort level with my bow.

So I picked up a ground blind this evening.

How early do I need to get in to set it up? I am concerned they will be watering at night or before first light and I will bust them out trying to get the blind in place.

Unfortunately it’s public land and not close to home so I can’t get it set up before I hunt and I don’t feel comfortable leaving it up when I go home.

Fortunately, it’s HOT here in CO right now which should help hunting water holes.

Any advice for a ground blind setup same day as hunting?

Last edited:
They won't be watering at night. Evening maybe before they bed down, but antelope mostly sleep at night and feed/water by day. Set up and take down your blind in the dark and you should do fine.

I've used same day set up on whitetails during the rut. My secret weapon is a buck decoy. I bet it would work on goats as well. Gives them something to focus on besides your blind as well as the confidence that if another critter is close to that new box then it cant be dangerous.

If it's brand new, I would mud it too, just like you would mud a waterfowl blind. Doesnt take a lot of effort. Bring a small container, coffee can, etc, and fill it with a mud and water mix from the waterfowl, and throw it on the blind. You can kind of paint the mud in with a tree branch with leaves or whatever. It helps take the glare off of a new blind.

Back