Yeti

Sako A7 Roughtech

7MAG

I have two A7 rifles one of which is a roughtech. Both shoot unbelievably well. They have a great feel to them and perform great. The roughtech stock is a nice nice and grippy. No complaints or dislikes here. They're a solid rifle.

DIY HUNTER

I have two one with roughtech one without. They are very accurate, and you don't have to spend huge money on a fully custom rig. I cant seem to get HSM with Berger bullets to shoot in them but other stuff shoots great. Very well made and durable as well.

thomas.orsack

I have the 300 win mag long range version from cabelas. The one thing I had to change on it was the scope bases that came with it because there was a rattling sound when I put my scope on and didn't wanna chance it being loose. Very accurate and like that it comes with the sling and bipod swivel attachments.

ewludwig

Funny how timely this post is. This rifle caught my eye in Scheels yesterday. 300WIN. Can't wait to see more responses as it is very tempting to "pull the trigger" on this rifle....

danr55

Never met a Sako I didn't like. Only met one that wouldn't shoot less than 1 moa with the right load. Great trigger and smooth action.

MinnesotaHunter

Funny how timely this post is. This rifle caught my eye in Scheels yesterday. 300WIN. Can't wait to see more responses as it is very tempting to "pull the trigger" on this rifle....

You should definately kill a bear with a 300 Win in a few weeks. If you need help convincing yourself, give me a call, I will help....

mtmuley

Thanks guys. A friend of mine is looking at one. We'll see, I'm steering him toward a donor action and good pieces around it. The A7 looks like a solid rifle though. mtmuley

MKotur325

From someone who owns and has tinkered with both the A7's little brother (tikka t-3) and big brother (Sako 85). I would suggest that you just go ahead and get the A7. I've like the feel of them from day 1, and you don't have to piddle around with the proprietary mounts of either the Tikka or Sako 85. The ONLY thing I do not like about the Sako 85's are the Optilock rings.

I would expect nothing short of an exceptional rifle, and a substantial value.

Bottom line, just buy it.

6speed

I don't have the roughtech but my A7 is my go to light weight pack rifle. It's also a track driver and has shot cloverleafs at 100 yards on more than one occasion.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AshlineCJ