Russian Brown's

jimmyd223

Taken from another site
hump.gif
hump.gif
hump.gif

fca0b31b.jpg

Sorta spendy but looks like the hunting is good

A friend of mine asked me to post a couple of pictures from the 2003 hunt. The third is from a couple of years ago, and to post that he has two openings for Russian Brown bears this spring. These hunts cost 9300.00
If anyone would like more info click on the link http://community.webshots.com/user/dan_grace
You can contact him through this web page.

well, what can I say, I saw it over at AR. Besides it's spose to be in the bear forum. anyway some damn big bears, how bout a loan moosie

I talked to my friend that sets these hunts up. This hunt is in a very remote area. It takes a helicopter ride to get there. No trucks or cars can get there. This area has the largest Bears Anywhere. You can get two bears in this area for 12,000 no other fees are charged, this is the total. That is how much it costs for ONE bear in Alaska. Ron

Wow, two for 12K, now that makes it a really good deal. Now I'm only 11,999 friends short.

Ron, can a hunter use his own weapon on these hunts or does the guide furnish the gun? I had friends that hunted there 20 years ago and they had to use guns that the guide furnished.
What is the length of the hunt, say if you went after two bears? thanks jimmyd

jimmyd223, The hunters are able to take their own guns there. I think the hunts are 10 days but I might be wrong. In some cases Dan "the guy in the picture" goes with the hunters to make sure everything goes as planned. Ron

That's fricking scary. My little bow would look like a toy and probably stick like a toy!! I dont think their trees are big enough to get a guy as high as he would need to be not to become a snack for those studs.

That is a hell of a mess of bears in that collection....I have heard that those bears from Russia were monsters....Great pic thanks for sharing!!! :D

Hey Ron... if we can get 2 bears for 12k, can 2 guys go and each get 1 bear for 6k ?!?! I'd go for that price :D :D

It's not the hunt that I can't afford.. It's the mounting of the BEar when I'm back !!!!! :eek:

I'm told the Russian bears are Eurasian brown bears and the largest are actually smaller than the largest Ak browns. Still big bears, just not THE largest..

Has anyone else heard this?
dave

I think you are correct dave, but also i think that Alaska doesn't produce consistently the big bears it used to. I think i read somewhere from hunting that the average bear taken in AK has dropped over all the years of commercial hunting up there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back