Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Ruger triggers...

Pinecricker

...any one have experience adjusting the trigger on the M77 Hawkeye? I just picked one up that must have 1/8" of creep in it. I pulled the stock off to adjust it, but there just doesn't seem to be any way to take out the slack and get rid of the creep. By design, if you file the trigger so it fits correctly with no slack, the safety wouldn't engage properly.

I was looking on line and the only solution I found was to weld up the connecting rod so that its long enough to take the slack out of the trigger and still allow the safety to engage. Ruger says its only adjustable for pull weight, nothing else. Not sure its worth the effort or expense, and I hate to have to make such a drastic modification. Any one know of any other tricks?

I'm tempted to just sell the thing. Its disappointing to see Ruger putting such a rotten trigger on their rifles. I like their pistols, but so far I am not at all impressed by their rifles.

Though I've not done it as I don't own a Hawkeye, but a quick google search showed more than one listing/video of how to adjust them. I'm assuming it's the LC6 trigger? I had a guy smooth up and adjust my MKII trigger. Took him about 10mins with a few stones...

Is this a Ruger 77 Hawkeye or a Ruger 77 Hawkeye Predator? If it's the Predator it is a two-stage trigger and is supposed to have about an 8th of an inch before hitting the second stage. The Predator is adjustable and has the same trigger as the Ruger VT (Varmint/Target.) If its just a regular old Ruger Hawkeye and has an 1/8" of creep, then you do have a problem.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back