Ruger American

I bought an American in .308 after hearing so many good reviews. I mounted a Vortex Diamomdback scope on it and bore sighted it. Can't wait to get behind it at the range.

I noticed I also hav the stock rubbing issue. I trimmed it some but need to do some more.

Mines a 7/08 and I've never shot so well in my life. I like the gun but I really like the caliber and may upgrade to a better rifle in 7/08.

What ammunition have you found to shoot well? I'm still experimenting but so far the Hornady Interlocks are the best in my daughters gun. Ok but not great.

I bought one in 06 from Wal-Mart for $180. I didn't even own it for a month. I just couldn't get over how cheap the whole thing felt. The plastic didn't bother me, my Tikka is my favorite rifle and that has a lot of plastic. It was functional, but for $400 bucks I would scrape together another $150 and get a vanguard. Or even better, I think the Tikka's are about $575. Just my opinon.

I've set up 5 of these now... all of them shot good if not great with factory ammo. I'm sure Ruger lets a bad one out occasionally but I've never seen one and none of my acquaintances have either.

I liked them enough I bought a .223 for predator calling and a 7-08 LH for my son.

Got a left hand on hold till Monday when I get there to get it. Thanks for the info.

What ammunition have you found to shoot well? I'm still experimenting but so far the Hornady Interlocks are the best in my daughters gun. Ok but not great.

I'm shooting good old Remington core-locts 140gr. I'm still not dialed in as good as I want to be. My nephew has the RA in .308 and his group at 100 with core-locts is tighter than mine. Maybe he's just a better shot.

I'm shooting good old Remington core-locts 140gr. I'm still not dialed in as good as I want to be. My nephew has the RA in .308 and his group at 100 with core-locts is tighter than mine. Maybe he's just a better shot.

Dang I tried those with little luck. I was hoping you had a different magic pill for me to try. :D Maybe I'l shoot them again now that I have 50-60 rounds through the gun and see if anything has changed.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
K9TXS
Back